Summer 1996 // Chapter 3

So with Fleur and Bill being engaged now, Bill decided it was time for Fleur to really get to know us and spend some time at the Burrow with him. However, he would be so busy with work that he was rarely home and since Fleur, herself only worked part-time to work on her English ... we were having plenty of Fleur time. 

However one night Bill took Fleur out to a restaurant she told him about in Paris and since he had been working so hard and rarely spent time with her other than at bedtime, he decided to treat her to a night out for dinner and dancing. So we were all sitting in the living room having a rousing game of Go Fish when suddenly Mum started shouting.

"They will not be going back!" Mum shouted as she came down the stairs with Dad right behind. "If that intel from Severus is correct then they have no business going back to that school!" We all dropped our cards and turned to watch the Mum vs. Dad show. 

"Molly, be reasonable! If anything, Hogwarts is the safest place for them all during this trying time."

"Arthur do you even realize what those kids go through at that school?! All three of them have nearly died within those walls, all three have gotten scarred from their previous years, Lori's boyfriend got killed during the Triwizard Tournament, and not to mention that same daughter can block the killing curse and is being hunted down as we speak!" 

Ron grabbed my hand and held it tight as those words left her mouth, and Ginny put her hands up to her mouth. That's when Mum realized we were there and tried to play it off as nothing. However, I just peeled Ron's hand away and got up.

"So it's true ... Voldemort's after me."

"Don't say his name!" Dad spoke viciously from behind Mum. 

"I will say it! Mum if you're so terrified of me putting them in danger then let them both go to Hogwarts and force me to stay behind."

"Lori, I won't go without you!" Ron said standing up and walking over. I just looked at him and glared into his soul. 

"You would too!" I turned back to face Mum, "Please don't make Ron and Ginny suffer without school, make me since I am the one everyone seems to be after!" I shouted before storming past my parents and running up to my room. When I got up there I locked the door and climbed out of the window and up onto the roof and just laid on my back looking up at the stars. Eventually, I heard the door unlock and steps approaching the window.

"Lorrinda? Are you up there?" Dad's voice said from the window. I sighed and moved down to have my face hanging over the edge.

"What do you want Dad?" 

"I talked to you Mother and, as long as there is extra security there and Dumbledore promises to keep you all safe, you can go back to Hogwarts." I squealed loudly and swung into my room and hugged him tightly. "Alright, calm down. Get ready for bed. Hermione is supposed to be arriving tomorrow."

"'Night Dad," I said giving him a hug.

"Goodnight, baby." Dad kissed my head and walked out of the room as Ginny walked in. 

"Would you have really given up on Hogwarts so Ron and I could go?" 

"Yes, Ginny. I would have."

***

"Ron! Lori!" Mum shouted up the stairs, "Hermione is here!" Both my room door and Ron's threw open with bangs as we sprinted down the stairs. Ron was ahead and I decided to chance the risk of getting in trouble and slid down the railing past Ron. As I slid past him I waved at him and landed on the floor with a summersault and ran right over to Hermione.

"That was no fair!" Ron panted as he got to the living room. "You cheated."

"Alls fair in racing downstairs," I said cheekily. After Ron greeted Hermione we all walked back upstairs and sat in Ron's room and talked about things. Hermione had been stressing all summer over our O.W.Ls meanwhile we Weasley's were just more concerned about our lives. Hermione joined Ginny and Mum in their "Anti-Fleur" (or as Ginny calls her Phlegm), Club. I was proud to say I wasn't a member of that club and was actually enthused to have Fleur around. 

"Zhat's when Bill got 'ze idea to propose!" Fleur said excitedly while holding hands with Bill at dinner that night. "'e realized in zhat moment 'ow much 'e loved me." Bill lovingly kissed Fleur's hand which was followed by the recognizable sound of gagging coming from Ginny and Mum. 

"That was very interesting to hear, Fleur," I said smiling. "How about we - AHH!"

I shrieked as a silver wolf burst in through the window and floated in the air in front of Bill and Dad. It slowly opened its mouth and Lupin's voice came out through it. 

"We're being sent off on a mission, meet us at the place where the last mission ended." once the message had been delivered to them, the wolf disappeared and Dad and Bill got up rapidly and grabbed their cloaks. 

"We'll be back by morning," Dad said quickly running around the table kissing each of us, while Bill told Fleur goodbye before running out of the house and apparating away. After a few moments of quiet, the rest of us picked up our dishes and started to clean up. 

"Ron, please shut the window. We don't want any garden animals sneaking in during the night." 

"Yes, Mum," Ron said as he went to shut the window, but before he could latch it, another silver Patronus zoomed in through the window.

"Merlin, now what?!" Mum shouted tossing down the rag she was using to clean the table as a silver phoenix floated over the table. 

"Sorry to bother you so late at night, but I feel like I should inform Miss Delacour that she is to officially become an Order member at our next meeting. Once again sorry to intrude so late tonight, Molly." The phoenix disappeared in almost a flash, leaving us all standing still.

"Quick shut the window before someone else tries to send a message!" Ginny said, making Ron slammed the window shut and latch it faster than he ever did before. Once that was done, Fleur excused herself to go to bed, and the rest of us went back up to Ron's room. Once we were up there, Ginny groaned. 

"I swear if I have to endure another two weeks with Phlegm, I will go nutty!"

"Oh, she's not that bad," I said shaking my head at her. "Bill's dates worse."

"Yeah!" Ron said, "Remember the Ravenclaw he dated his sixth year? The one that wouldn't leave him alone?"

"Eh, even she was better than Phlegm Delacour," Ginny remarked sassily.

"Can we just drop it with all the hate against Fleur?!" I said looking at Ginny. "All that matters is that Bill is happy! You've got to admit, it is great seeing Bill smile and laugh like he hasn't got a care in the world."

"Yes but -"

"Not one more word, Ginevra!" I glared at her.

"Fine!" She said flopping down beside Ron. 

"Good, now let's play a game."