⇢ ˗ˏˋ four ࿐ྂ

even when he's mad at you, he would always pursue your wishes.

curiously, you browse through the clothes in a small store on the outskirts of a small town

curiously, you browse through the clothes in a small store on the outskirts of a small town. you desperately need something different to wear, you've been walking around in that summer dress for two days now, and in this heat.

hyouma has given the okay for you to look around, because so far away from your hometown, no one will have heard of you yet, so you move calmly in public, still as inconspicuous as possible, of course.

the reddish pink haired is also in the store, looking around a bit, because it's not very busy.

only the cashier, who has her golden years behind her and looks as if she is about to doze off on the folding chair.

otherwise, there are only two other people in the store. a woman with her little daughter, who keeps tugging at her mother's shirt and asking her if she can have an ice cream later on.

hyouma and you didn't talk about the incident anymore, the topic just silently chopped off — to be more precise, you almost didn't talk at all in the car.

he didn't notice that you were crying, at least that's what you think. because of course he heard your sobs, which you reluctantly let out a couple of times.

his bad conscience is still bothering him and he would like to apologize to you.

he shouldn't have nagged you like that, but it's justified, isn't it?

after all, you have kept something important from him.

his eyes are on you the whole time, as you look around and smile at the sometimes garish outfits. every stranger would take you two for a normal couple who spend their day together.

because you both hide your crimes cleverly behind a smile.

you fish an oversized pastel yellow shirt out of a pile, grab a pair of loose shorts and disappear into a dressing room.

hyouma waits in front of the dressing room, not really interested in looking around. after some time you step out of it and turn around in front of him with a big smile on your face.

"it looks good on you, we'll buy it" he turns around, rummaging some money out of his pocket, which he had put there earlier.

he didn't want to risk having to open the backpack in the store; after all, the revolver is in there, too.

while you are still changing, hyouma comes across a small jewelry box containing a pile of necklaces, earrings, leather bracelets and rings.

amused, he looks at a few flashy accessories, such as strikingly colorful necklaces or large rings.

he wants to avert his gaze again when he discovers an inconspicuous silver ring. the metal no longer shines like new, the ring has a few scratches here and there, is not studded with stones or anything else. other people would have averted their gaze long ago, including him, if the "forever" sign had not been engraved on the surface.

he takes out the ring, strokes it with his thumb.

maybe nothing special for others, but he recognizes the value behind it.

a value that is perhaps only for you.

"i'm done" you appear behind him.

startled, hyouma turns to you, quickly puts the ring back.

"okay, then let's pay and go" he mumbles.

you go to the cashier and give the disinterested woman the money. she looks at you as she would look at any other customer, because as you have already figured, the news of two wanted young delinquents hasn't reached here yet.

"y/n go ahead to the car, i'll be right there"

you look at him a little confused, but ask no questions and leave.

when you disappear through the door, hyouma breathes a sigh of relief, looks into the jewelry box again and takes out the ring. without thinking about it, he goes to the cashier and pays for it.

he pays for the ring instead of stealing it, because he wants to give it to you as a normal young man and not as a criminal — at least the ring should have been purchased according to the law, he thinks to himself.

bought with stolen money.

but no matter how much you may repress it, your crimes are done, there is blood on your hands.

hyouma puts the ring in his pocket, because he doesn't want to give it to you yet.

you are already waiting at the car, running your hand over your forehead, because the sun is once again shining down from the cloudless sky.

"what else were you doing in there?" you look at your boyfriend questioningly and take your clothes off the hood.

"i was just looking at something.. a shirt, but i didn't like it" he tells you and scratches the back of his head.

you know he's lying, because he isn't a good liar - miserable is more like it.

you look at him with a raised eyebrow. "hyouma, why are you lying to me?"

"i'm not. come on, let's go, we have to keep going" he talks his way out of it and distracts you from the topic.

you want to ask him more questions, but you don't. sooner or later he will tell you what he doesn't want to tell you now, you think to yourself.

"hey, can we stay in a motel tonight?" you look at him, not wanting to spend another night in the middle of nowhere, sleeping on the uncomfortable seats of your car.

"we have to move on, besides, which motel would you like to stay in?"

to his question you point with your finger to the small shabby building at the end of the street, which even has "motel" written thick and bold over it.

"just one night, please. i don't want to sleep uncomfortably again," you look at him hopefully with a pout.

even though it would cost you time and head start, you just want to be able to sleep in a normal bed this night and finally take a shower again.

without thinking about the fact that you are on the run and wanted.

not thinking about the fact that you are criminals.

"one night! we'll immediately leave in the morning" hyouma gives in, can't believe he's actually going for it.

even as you stand at the front desk, accepting and paying for the room key, he can't believe you got him soft.

his thoughts are constantly accompanied by worries that you might be discovered or that someone might recognize you two.

you hid the car well and the room you got overlooks the street.

"a bed, a bathroom and most importantly a shower" you almost shriek as you close the door behind you.

things that everyone else takes for granted make you incredibly happy, because for you they are no longer understandable.

not since you've been on the run, not since that one day.