5. Basic Training

Licht Eralith's POV

I had finally awakened! Now I can wield mana in the palm of my hands once again! With this level of excitement I really am acting my age. 

Still can't believe that the knowledge from my past life worked perfectly without any problems, aiding in my awakened.

Along with awakening I had also destroyed my room and a few adjoining ones in the process. This incident made it clear that I had awakened as an Augmenter as the force released from the formation of mana core resulted in the destruction of the rooms. That it what Grandfather Virion explained to me when my room was being shifted to somewhere else while the destroyed portion of the Royal palace gets repaired.

"What kind of monster are you? Even the elven children of the noble families don't awaken at three." Grandfather rambled on, with me sitting on his lap. "Meh even I myself awakened at eight."

Currently the four of us were gathered in grandfather's personal room. Mother and Father both sat opposite to us. I could clearly see the proud expressions on their faces which they didn't even bother to hide. Well they had every reason to be proud. From what I inferred from grandfather's rambling is that normally elven children awaken at the age of eight or nine. And I am barely three so of course this came as a massive shock for our family.

The shock was so much that they agreed upon keeping this between the three of them and a few faithful guards and servants who just happened to be nearby. Everyone swore on their loyalty that the news of their first prince awakening as a mage won't be getting out of the palace. They promised not to even tell their own family members about it. 

Being a royalty always comes along with troubling issues not matter what life you live.

"Me no monster." Was my reply to his accusation of me being a monster. Should you be congratulating your grandson is what I intended to say but kept it to myself. 

Instead I decided to go with the line that one of Lumiere's descendant uses in variety of situations. "I royalty!"

"You awakened at three because you are royalty?" Grandpa Virion

3 clarified before he burst out laughing. 

"Really father what are you teaching him." Even Father couldn't hold back his chuckling at my statement.

"You think I am teaching him these things?" 

"Well he spends majority of his time with you." Mother countered with a snicker of her own.

"Okay okay enough of pulling my leg." Grandfather coughed, changing his facial expressions to his usual serious one which he adorns most of time. "We were going to talk what should we do about Licht now that he is awakened. We need to think of his training and how we should proceed with it."

"Isn't he too young to be training? He is barely four." Mother had a worried expression on her face right after hearing the word 'training.' This was expected of a mother who is worried about her child. 

From what I read about mages in those books, I had wild guess that mage training isn't easy. That is something I know even without the books given how one had difficulty in controlling their magic and their elements even after receiving their grimoires at the age of 15 be it elves, dwarves or humans. 

Whenever a new spell is unlocked by the user, it would take him/her to perfect it. 

"Well he is too young to be awakening too but here we are." Grandfather politely countered. 

It was easy to see through him. He eagerly wants to train me himself but is only holding himself back, respecting mother's and father's decision for this one. He wanted to have the parent's approval for this one. After all this could be a turning point in my life. Unlike my previous world where everybody could utilize magic, this world doesn't run on the same principle despite the abundant mana in the surroundings. That is why awakening as a mage is a turning point for everyone.