Fast Forward Overview

The rest of the camp was rather droll, so I'm not going into detail on that. In short summary, after the tournament, Ciar got more lively and started permanently calling me by my name, Ax sighed and shook his head every time he saw me, and Hothead's name was now Human Punching Bag. Actually, no, it was a mouthful, so his name is Punching Bag for short. Katanas became a sword popular around the continent. I am no longer engaged, although Punching Bag continues to approach me for duels. Oh, one last thing. I dealt with the heroine after my masterful procrastination came to an end. Well... 'dealt' is a strong word. I just made her disappear. Along with the rest of her extended family. And that puts an end to the already broken plotline of I Shine For You.

Anyway, back to the story. I, along with the rest of my friends, annoying pests, and capture targets (whom mostly consisted of annoying pests) went back to the school. We were three forths into the school year, and I've gotten less hostile towards the Idiot Prince. Of course, I'm not all chummy with him, like I am with Ciar and Ax, but now we are distant acquaintances.

Finals were coming up.

And I was the only one who was lazing my ass off.

I mean, I've always been that way. Since I was a baby, since I was Shurian Hoven, and now. There's nothing to panic about anyway, since finals were just a test to see how much you know about the subjects that you were already supposed to be studying during the school year. And since I already knew everything, I wasn't panicking, nor 'cramming'.

Uh. Cramming. Even the word makes me shudder. My friends back from high school on Earth used to be pulling all-nighters for those. Scary.

----

"Ahhh... I don't get it."

"In all honesty, neither do I."

Ciar and Ax were looking down at the test books in vexation. Ax looked like he was this close to flinging it across the library, while Ciar had his usual distant smile on his face that made him more mysterious.

"Oh, that's too bad. Now can I go back to my room? I'm bored."

"NO. ALICE, YOU NEED TO HELP ME STUDY."

"I agree with Mr. Elen. You are not going anywhere."

I frowned and moved to their side of the table. "You guys still don't understand, huh." I smiled and rested my head on Ciar's shoulder. He stiffened. I still don't understand why boys always stiffen when I touch them. So weird.

"Well, you see..."

----

The day of exams are here. I waltzed into the hall and sat down. Test papers were soon distributed, and I began writing.

----

I got first place in all of my tests. No surprise there.

---

Finally, the end of school.