§•10•§

Blacklight.

Invisible infrared.

Answers.

Something that's spoken or written in reply to a question.

One can be hidden in plain sight, while the other can be used to reveal something invisible to the eye.

Sometimes it's one after another, especially after a questionable set of events that happened in the past.

Such as Scotts' urge to figure out what the new girl Kira was, especially after witnessing her walking through 1.21 jigawatts of electricity.

It can be something small as finding an extra key on your key ring with no recollection of what the purpose of it is.

The answer can be right in front of you but with a certain mindset, it's invisible to you.

§•§•§

"Who cares," Aiden shrugs, not knowing why his brother was interested in throwing a Halloween party. They weren't human, so they have no need to worry about mediocre stuff such as Halloween parties or yearbook clubs.

Ethan looks to his brother, scoffing as he shook his head, how could his brother not see it? "You don't get it, do you? Scott doesn't care about power, he cares about people." It was fairly obvious, Scott became the True Alpha because of his morality, not because of his thirst for power.

It came fairly obvious when he noticed the guilt and slight shift in the pack's dynamic and emotions when a certain Serpent passed. They knew, from the whispers that spread through the school, Sweet Pea was fairly new and has made no move to prove worthy of being in McCall pack yet, they were still impacted by his death.

Ethan also knew Danny had some sort of physical fling with the boy, and helping him with something like finding a venue, could put Danny to reveal more about what he knew of the boy. Though it wasn't his main objective, as he himself grew fond of Danny and the info he has on the Serpent was just an added bonus. Plus when was the last time Ethan got to be a human and just party for one night?

"You want to be a wolf in his pack? Try to be human in high school."

Aiden watched as his brother left and sighs. Just because they were twins, it didn't mean they always saw eye to eye. Ethan was the more sensitive twin, if anything it was obvious Ethan was the younger one of the two. Ethan wasn't afraid to defy orders and have his own opinion or voice his doubts. Aiden on the other hand, held what a lot of eldest children are burdened with. The idea of being good obedient boys, and being a werewolf didn't change that Aiden grew accustomed to taking orders and fulfilling them. With that mindset of what he grew accustomed to, it was hard to change, and often they don't want to. But with the right motivation or the right smack of reality aimed at their face, they could make an effort.

"Why is your mom teaching biology?" Aiden asked Lydia as he watched their little banter before Mrs. Martin finished handing out papers. Lydia sighs as she answers the werewolf, not wanting to take part in the conversation.

"What? I didn't kill him." Aiden snorts, as he looked at Lydia. All Lydia did was scoff not sparing him a glance. His smile falls as he leans closer to Lydia, "Lydia, what?" Despite the front he puts out, he must admit something in his little heart cared about what Lydia Martin thought of him.

Sure their relationship was mainly physical but it didn't mean he couldn't forge a certain relationship on an intimate level. He wasn't in love with Lydia, god no. He did like her as a person, she was interesting in its self. They knew they would never go past being physical lovers, but at least they could be friends... hopefully.