15: Recovery

A/N - Apologies, my dear readers! I didn't mean to take this long to post a chapter! I had a lot of stuff going on in my personal life. I got sick for a little while, not COVID-related, but it made my writing inspiration and motivation run straight into the dirt. Then, when I finally got writing inspiration, it was for a 'He's My Son' rewrite that I'm slowly working on here and there, and the first chapter of that will be posted shortly after this one. I'm estimating it for next week and then moving on to posting for 'The Great Medic' and 'He's My Son' on alternating weeks so that you readers have some stuff to read from me every week. At least, that's what I'm hoping, hehe.

Another reason for the lateness is that like a lot of writers right now, I spent a lot of time with my family. I'm going through some rough emotional patches so I decided to just allow myself time to be with my family and have fun with them. I vacationed in South Carolina where my aunt and cousins are and I had an amazing time! I haven't felt this good in a long time. I'm feeling pretty good mentally now so hopefully, there won't be any more long breaks between each chapter.

Um, there is one more thing I want to ask or mention. Please don't feel obligated to do anything with this but, um, I've been experiencing some extreme financial difficulties and I need to get my wisdom teeth removed but the cost is too much even with my insurance. So... if you can or feel like it, but you don't have to, I opened a Ko-Fi if anyone wanted to donate or tip me. There are also $1 sketch commissions labeled on there as well if you wanted a drawing of well, any character really, as compensation for tipping me. I hate to say that I am in desperate need of money but I'm struggling. Please don't feel obligated to, I would appreciate it though. Any Ko-Fi tippers will be recognized in every chapter!

Here is the link: https://ko-fi.com/deathbyshykid (if the link doesn't work, I'll post it in the comments, my bad)

But, um, without further ado, please enjoy the chapter.

:::^^^^^:::

"If you do this again, medic, I will kill you."

It was all Naruto heard when the lightning shot down from the never-ending ceiling. The world seemed to slow down as the electricity ran through his veins, pooling right behind his eyes. There was a brief moment where the world was shrouded in the same darkness as the ceiling of his mindscape before there was light, a fast beeping sounding off from somewhere. The blond-haired genin shot up, taking deep breaths as if he'd just woken up from a nightmare. It took a few moments for the lightning to clear from behind his eyeballs before he could actually take in his surroundings.

It was very early in the morning if the sun coming over the horizon was anything to go by. If it had been a Saturday, this would've been around the same time Naruto would be coming into work, his mind mused out. The beeping sound he heard revealed itself to be a heart monitor. The genin held a hand over his eyes to block out the sun, even just a little bit, his other hand moving to try and push himself up some more. He groaned lowly, a hiss of pain just behind his clenched teeth; guess the Kyuubi was right, he couldn't heal everything.

"There will be lasting damage that I cannot heal right now." Were his actual words, Naruto recalled.

The blond-haired teen stared at his bandaged hands, an IV lay hidden underneath the mess. He didn't even have to feel the stinging pinpricks of pain to know that his hands would scar. The medic-in-training shifted his fingers open and closed, getting the apparent numbness out of them. "How long have I been out...?" Naruto thought to himself, lifting his head to get a better idea of his surroundings.