}•{ Some unfulfilled wishes.

~•} C H A P T E R|9 {•~

The door of the room jolted open as Vardhaan Rathore stepped inside the darkroom with a malicious grin etched on his lips

Ishani's heart thumped loudly in her ribcage when she heard his footsteps nearing her.

Slowly and gradually he approached her, his footsteps heavy and echoing inside the whole room just like he wanted.

He wanted her to think of every outcome, he wanted her to feel nervous.

And just like he wanted, Ishani was feeling nervous. She fidgeted with her toes and blew out deep breaths, habits which she had when she became nervous.

But she tried her best to keep the stoic face as she didn't want to give him the contentment of making her nervous. Keeping her chin high and gaze harsh she looked directly into his eyes which were gleaming with enjoyment.

Indeed he was enjoying her nervous state as the sharp predatory eyes of Vardhaan Rathore didn't miss the little fumbling of her toes.

"Enjoying here wife?" His voice lased with a tease as he plopped down beside her, too close for her liking.

"Absolutely I am if you leave the fact that my newly married husband locked me here all alone for a day with some dry snacks and fruits." she gave him a sarcastic sweet smile.

"Oh! In such a good condition you are. Many girls will be jealous of you my lady. Can you share some tricks with them on how to trap a rich man? I am sure they will be thankful and will take you as your teacher." He reciprocated her smile.

Swirling her eyes annoyingly at his previous remark, she furrowed her brows as fake curiosity whirled in her eyes, "But why are you alone here my highness? I thought that you would royally barge inside the room with a bimbo by your side and will make out in front of my eyes."

"Oh! I didn't know you were so desperate on seeing me naked Mrs. Rathore." He retorted with a devilish smirk playing on his lips and Ishani's face turned red in anger and embarrassment as she glared at him hard.

"Also for your kind information, I don't like to be watched while doing that. I am a private person you know." He continued and winked.

Ishani stiffed at his remark, giving him a tight-lipped smile she snarled, "Of course Mr. Rathore what else I would have expected from you. You care for your family name too much to openly become a cheater."

The humor was long gone from Vardhaan's face, an angry expression took its place. Gritting his teeth he hissed, "I am not a fucking cheater!"

"Oh! Then who was the one talking with his girlfriend in front of his newly wedded wife."

Ishani's lips curved into a small smirk as she could see her words directly hit a nerve. But the smirk wasn't long-lasting when Vardhaan pinned her down on the sofa while breathing heavily in anger.