next part

It had been five months since Blackhat discovered how long before the ray wore off: two weeks. And ever since then Flug and him had started a new routine. Flug would be a little cat for two weeks, playing and calming Blackhat's anger, then when the ray wore off he would spend the rest of the month catching up on projects. Flug surprisingly remembered most of the events that would happen as a cat. Flug was visibly happy with the new routine as well; the missing dark circles under his goggled eyes, his increased appetite, and the lack of coffee intake were a clue.

Blackhat had never felt so at ease in his long life before. He was almost giddy at the thought of waking up to cuddle with the small cat. And he spoiled the tiny thing rotten. Feeding Flug fresh salmon every day, brushing his fur, giving him all the best toys, and best of all giving him all the attention that he wanted. Blackhat would anxiously wait for Flug to finish his project to resume pampering his cat.

Dementia was jealous again, seeing Flug get everything she wanted from the demon, but Blackhat didn't care. If anything he made it a point to spoil Flug more in front of her. 5.0.5 made a good cat-sitter when Blackhat had to be on a short-notice business trip. At least it was good for something.

Throughout the months there were bumps in the road, small incidents here and there because of the new routine. Once, Flug was abducted by a hawk. Blackhat made a delicious meal to cheer the kitten up, roasted hawk. Another time Flug got an infection from the hawk incident on his shoulder blade, Flug couldn't reach the wound to change the gauze by himself as a human, and treating it as a cat was difficult. Not to mention the pills Blackhat had to give Cat Flug to treat the wounds.

Flug once turned back into a human while lying on Blackhat's chest in bed. It was weird to have a naked human curled up with his head on his chest, but Blackhat wasn't too troubled, as Flug remained asleep. The two remained there for thirty minutes until Flug started to wake up and Blackhat teleported to Flug's room to get clothes. Flug wasn't aware of the "incident" but Blackhat's mind wandered back on it frequently. Mostly stuck on how he still felt that calm feeling with Human-Flug as he would with cat-Flug; how he didn't really mind Human Flug curled up and oblivious to everything around him. He was cute.

Anyway, in the present day, Blackhat had been gone from the Mansion for a whole month. Business meetings after business meetings after supper villain convention. Blackhat was stressed; dealing with all of those idiots who call themselves villains. They talked as if they were equal and he wouldn't kill everyone in the room because he was bored. He was seething by the end of it.

Then there was the convention; he was invited to be a judge for the Weapons Competition For Deadly Science, and since he hadn't judged something like that before Blackhat decided to join the convention. It ended up being an attempted trap designed by heroes to capture all the villains. Blackhat was still picking out the fabric pieces out of his teeth.

Now he was finally home and he was excited to see his malevolent scientist. Blackhat teleported into the lab quietly. He loved to catch the doctor off guard when he wanted his cuddly companion. No one knew he was home yet. His plan for an ambush was perfect. From his view from the doorway, Blackhat could see his prey sitting and leaning over a desk. Completely unaware of the other's presence.

Blackhat faded into a black mist and slowly spread himself to reach the human. Just as he took form, the device in hand, he was suddenly tackled. The giggling mass was Demencia. She sat on his stomach and looked at him lovingly.

"How come the nerd gets to be your pussy-cat? You know I'm always available for anything you have in mind~" She said, intentions made clear.

Disgusted, Blackhat threw her off and watched her fall to the tile floor. Flug looked to Blackhat as he stood up and dusted himself off. Now he lost the element of surprise ~. Blackhat wanted to throw a fit. But one look at his soon-to-be cuddle buddy and he calmed down; reminded of what he was doing.