Chapter 11 Suspicious Visitor

Princess walked through the village while humming a little tune, in her arms she was carrying materials needed to make new clothes. When she was young, before her sickness, her mother taught her how to sew those from various hides, material and even silk if they managed to buy some from trading caravans or Kingdom of Dwargo. Among other things, her mother also taught her how to sing and even showed her some martial arts. But Princess thinks that she is not suited for those things as she prefers to rely on her quite powerful blue fire abilities.

 Now, she continued her slow stroll to a house of her mother's friend where they sew all the clothes. On her way there she sees three children hiding behind a house corner and peek behind it. She got curious about what they are watching so she slowly sneaked up behind them and looked towards the same direction.

 As she did, a smooth, relaxing music made it to her ears. Under one of the trees behind that house was sitting Shiva, playing on his shamisen. Princess and those kids watched him pull on strings with special paddle called, bachi. 

 Slowly his music began to speed up more and more until his hand that was holding bachi changed into a blur. Some other people stopped by the aside as they heard him playing this quick and energetic now song. After few seconds he stops and looks up, smiling at Princess and the kids who quickly run away. Princess and Shiva both chuckled at that before she walked up to him.

"Hello, Shiva."

"Hello, Princess. How is your day?"

 "Good, thank you. I am just about to help mnie mother with sewing some new clothes."

 "Ah I see. So...how did you like mine music?"

 Princess smiled slightly and looked down at Shiva's shamisen.

"It was beautiful. But...I can't say that I saw an instrument as such before."

 Shiva raised eyebrow at that as he thought at least one of those humans from the past had shamisen or tried to make one. 

"That is because it's from mine home land. It's called shamisen, one can play many amazing melodies on it. One that could transport you to the peaceful field of flowers. Or a battlefield full of blood."

 Princess cringed slightly at the mention of blood before smiling.

"Well, that's amazing..."

"And what about you, princess? Did you play on something?"

 She blushed slightly from embarrassment and turned her head to the side.

"W-Well....I played on a flute long time ago."

"Oh! That's great! Maybe we can play sometime together?"

 Shiva smiled and laughed while Princess blushed even harder but before anything could be said she has noticed few guards quickly making their way to the gate. She was about to turn to Shiva and tell him about it, but he was already next to her watching those guards.

 He sighed and placed hand on his face.

"Something is happening...Again!"

 "Ehm...then maybe we should go and check it out?"

  "You should go to your mother. I will go instead. We don't want anything happening to you, right?"

 Shiva send her a small smile which made Princess smile back. Then she looked away and frowned saddly.

"Yeah...your right. Then I should go..."

 Then she began to head where she was heading previously, leaving Shiva who raised eyebrow to himself.