CHAPTER 11

authors note:

Here it is everybody, the chapter that has taken me three weeks to write. We love writes block 🥰. No fr tho, I am so sorry it has been so long!  ILY and happy new year my cuties. xox

***

I watch as our blood blends together, and our deadly oath settles between us. I lean my head back slightly and look into Colten's eyes.

A chuckle leaves his lips as he says, "I feel like the main character in a novel when they make a deal with the devil and swear it by oath."

Letting my hand fall from his, I hit his shoulder. "This is serious, Cole. Blood will run red if secrets are told. Tell your sister anything about this or what occurred in the forest, and I'll kill you myself," I said.

Cole places his bloodstained hand against my warm cheek. "You wouldn't kill me, Lulu." He says calmly, running his bloody fingers over my mouth.

Smirking at him, I challenge. "Wouldn't I?"

His hand was wrapped around my neck, and my body was shoved against the bathroom door the instant those words left my lips.

"No, you wouldn't."

"And how do you know that sugar?"

"Because I'm Sammy's brother, and I know you wouldn't hurt her like that. Also because you love me." He finishes, grinning like he just won a trophy.

"I don't love you asshole, but it's true, I couldn't hurt Sammy like that." I sigh, knowing he was right.

He let go of my throat and walked over to the bathroom sink. He ran his hand under the water allowing a slight hiss to escape his lips and then grabbed a paper towel to dry the water off.

Turning around, he extended his clean hand towards me, "come, Lulu. I'll help clean your hand." He said.

Meeting his gaze, I huffed. "I can clean my own hand."

I started moving towards the sink to clean it when he grabbed my arm softly, making my head whip around to his. He looked like he was going to say something, but he let it go and walked out of the bathroom in a hurry.

Strange.

The pain of cleaning my bloodied hand was excruciating. The burning sensation subsided after soaking it under cool water for a few moments longer than Cole did.

Drying my hands, I grabbed an extra paper towel and pressed it against the cut hard enough to stop the flow of blood.

Looking to the floor, I see little piles of blood covering some of the ground. Wetting a paper towel, I cleaned up the mess Cole and I had made and put it in the bin. This day couldn't get any more strange.

Looking at my phone, I see I only have about 5 minutes before the classes end and for their next ones to start. Opening the bathroom door, I quickly ran to my locker to find something to hide this cut with.

Finally, I found an old band-aid in my bag, and I put it on straight away. A sigh of relief leaves my mouth, and I lean against my locker to catch my breath. Today would have to be one of my top 5 weirdest experiences, thinking over everything that had just happened.

The sound of the school bell knocked me out of my thoughts.

The sounds of students filling the halls made my heart thump in my chest. I don't like people, so I've said before, but I really don't feel like talking to anyone today.

After placing the books I would need into my tote bag, I shut the door and began my journey to psychology. This is one of the only classes I actually like; why? Because hopefully, I will be able to understand my brain properly one day.