New York III

"Dad." Camila warned, glaring at her father.

"I'm just saying mija, you're 23 years old. Two more years and you should be settling down...with Lauren." Alejandro said, sitting on the apartment's couch.

"I don't need you to set me up with Lauren." Camila sighed.

"Well, if you don't move faster I might have to." Alejandro said.

"She's already with someone else." Camila added.

"See, you're too slow." Alejandro said, and as if it was on cue, Lauren walked out of her room with her earphones on.

"Oh! Mr. Cabello, I did not know you're visiting." Lauren greeted.

"It's fine mija, I was just dropping by." Alejandro said.

"Say Lauren, I heard you're in a rel-"

"And now you're leaving, let's go." Camila quickly chimed in, before she practically pushed her father out the door.

"Goodbye?" Lauren said, unsure.

"You can't interfere with her life Dad, that's embarrassing." Camila scolded once they were on the hallway.

"It was a genuine question, a pep talk!" Alejandro retorted.

"Please, nothing is a pep talk to you." Camila rolled her eyes, making her Dad chuckle.

"Alright, fine. I'm leaving now. My plane's about to leave in 2 hours." Alejandro said, looking at his daughter.

"Mija, for the love of God. Pl-"

"Just trust me, I will." Camila sighed.

"I'm not getting any younger, I want to be able to meet my grand kids."

"Dios mio papi, you are not going to die yet!" Camila exclaimed.

"I was just acting to see if you'd give in." Alejandro laughed.

"I still like Lauren for you. You know, it's easier to sweep of girls on their feet when they're in a relationship already. You just have to do what their boyfriend's lacking." Alejandro winked before he walked to the elevator, turning around to grin at his daughter before waving goodbye as the door closed.

"To think he's my father." Camila muttered before she entered the apartment once again.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know he's here." Lauren apologized.

"Don't be, he came unannounced and just barged in." Camila sighed.

"What did he want?" Lauren asked.

"The same old thing." Camila replied, while Lauren nodded.

"I'm going out today." Lauren informed the brunette, noticing that it was already 12 noon.

"Have fun on your date." Camila said timidly.

"I will, I haven't seen my brother in months." Lauren said, while Camila nearly choked.

"Brother?"

"Yeah, the guy I was on call with for the past days, Christopher. He's my younger brother. I also have a younger sister named Taylor." Lauren said, putting her coat on.

"Take care, and bring the keys with you." Camila said, while Lauren nodded before she slid out the door.

"Fucking idiot." Camila cursed herself, a huge grin appearing on her face.

Immediately, Camila browsed the internet for ideas to ask a person out on a date. The thing is, after the small incident...none of them talked about it. Whenever Camila would try to open the topic, Lauren would avoid it.