chapter forty one

YOUR POV:

"Alright bub, I'm leaving." Megan said coming into the living room wearing some loose lavender colored sweatpants and a white bralette. In one hand she had her overnight bag which didn't look very full.

"Packed light. Not expecting to stay that long?" I asked, pausing my Call of Duty game. It was late and I knew I should put the controller down and take my ass to bed, but I couldn't. I couldn't really sleep the past few nights. Well, sober me couldn't really sleep the past few nights.

Megan sighed, "We'll see how it goes I guess. I'm pretty sure I still have some leftover clothes at his place."

"Well text me if you need me." I told her, playing with the strings on my hoodie.

"Of course. Don't burn the place down while I'm gone." the actress teased.

I chuckled, "Don't worry, I don't plan on doing any cooking while you're gone."

"And I don't care if you have sex on the bed, just change the sheets when you're done."

"Yes mom." I groaned playfully.

Megan smirked, leaning in to whisper in my ear, "You can call me mommy anytime." Before she pushed my head away and I fell on my side on the couch.

My heart was beating faster and I placed a pillow over my lap. Why was I acting this way? Maybe because you and Chloe used to fuck all the time and now you have blue balls and get hard anytime a woman looks at you.

Not true... I huffed in my head.

Megan left and not even five minutes later she was back.

"Back so soon? Must have been real disappointing."

"I'm back because I was hoping you would pull me into your arms and profuse your undying love for me." the ebony haired woman said in the most serious tone ever and it was hard to tell if she was joking or not. There was a pause before she spoke again, "I'm just kidding. I forgot my wallet."

Once she got her wallet, she sent me a wink before she left for good. A couple seconds later my phone buzzed and I wondered if it was Megan forgetting something again.

Megan 😈: Miss me yet?

Tattooed Hottie ❤️‍🔥: always

Megan 😈: You're cute

The minutes passed by as I spent my time in CoD lobbies, improving my kill death ratio and talking to a few players. Eventually though it became boring and I didn't know what to do. It wasn't even midnight yet and I was already bored out of my mind. Turning off the gaming console, I got up and made my way into the kitchen.

If I was bored I was at least going to be productive. I turned on my music cleaning playlist and turned the water on hot so I could start washing the few dishes in the sink. I wanted someone to talk to and wondered what Travis was doing since he was also alone.

Blond Don: what's up drummer boy

Travis: Drummer man* get it right and I'm chillin

Blond Don: chillin? Really...

Travis: chillin like a villain

Blond Don: I can't believe I texted you

Travis: I'm hurt y/n, truly. I'm gonna tell Kourtney on you

Blond Don: please don't tell her

Travis: then apologize

Blond Don: Never!

Travis: did you text me just to be annoying?

Blond Don: I texted you because I might head to the studio. Megan is gone and I'm lonely and I got music on the brain

Travis: sounds fun. I'll come pick you up from Megs in about ten minutes

I sent back a smiley face and a thumbs up and finished washing the dishes, making sure all the soap was rinsed off before putting the dishes on the drying rack. I dried my hands off and made sure I had my wallet, keys to the house and a charger since my phone was going to die.

Ten minutes later and Travis said he was here so I locked up the house and set the alarm, making it outside and getting in the drummers car. As soon as I got in the car the drummer handed me a blunt and I took it with a smile.

"Thanks." I grinned, taking a few hits before ashing and then passing back to him.

Travis hummed, getting onto the main road and taking the blunt from my fingertips, "Figured we could smoke this on our way to get some food and then grind it out in the studio."

— • —

Travis and I made it to the studio, high out of our minds and he still had a few more blunts rolled. I knew though as soon as I ate that my high would start to fade. That's why you should eat before you smoke if you want to have a better high. I thanked the tattooed man when he held the door for me and we set the bags of food down on the counter. I plugged my phone in and plugged in my flash drive.

"So what are we working on?"

"Well I thought of some more lyrics for that one napkin song."

"Lets see what you got." Travis smiled.

Two face, two face, yeah

Black white, left right, yeah

Up, down, all night, yeah

Can't escape it ever

Don't forget my name

I don't feel the same

On a trip, no train..

"I can fuck with it." Travis nodded and then the pre chorus can go something like... and all these angels and demons keep shouting and screaming, I'm falling from Eden."

My eyes widened, the realization hit me that I was making a song with one of my childhood idols. I was over the moon. The creative juices started flowing and I got in the booth and did a few takes. An hour or two later and the lyrics were done and recorded and we were just polishing it up.

"Can I ask you something?" I spoke, sitting up straighter on the producer chair.

"Go ahead." He glanced at me, giving me his full attention.

"When you were going after your dream.. Did you have any regrets?"

Travis sighed and thought for a moment, "It's life. You live and learn. There's always going to be regrets and that's how we learn from things. Why do you regret anything?"

"I regret the relationship I lost. But what was I supposed to do? I mean it's not everyday that the owner of a record label comes to you and wants you." I ranted off, clenching my jaw and closing my eyes.

"Sometimes things that are lost don't stay lost for long. Things will work out, maybe not how you wanted them to but they will work out." The drummer spoke softly.

"Yeah.. Thanks T."

"Anytime, y/n. I mean that. Now take some paper and a pen and write it out. I know there's more in your head than you're letting out."

I caught the paper and pen that he threw at me and stood, going to the back of the room and sitting down at the small table, taking a sip of my frappe from McDonalds. My mind was going back and forth between Chloe and Megan, the two women that have shown me a deep connection. I failed Chloe and... well I wonder what Megan thought of me.

The simulation just went bad

But you're the best I ever had

Like handprints in wet cement

She touched me, it's permanent..

"In my head, in my head..." I mumbled to myself.

a/n: not my favorite chapter to be honest but you guys are going to hate me next chapter