chapter forty three

CHLOE'S POV:

Tyler hadn't texted me since I went to his place and the whole "almost kissing" fiasco happened. I texted him this morning and asked if we could meet up and talk. I felt bad for ghosting him and wanted to explain. I was feeling a little better today, my hair wasn't in a rat's nest and that said a lot. But if I had to change anything, it would be the habit of wearing y/n's hoodies to bed. They were starting to lose the earthy toned and stoner weed smell but they hadn't lost their warmth. I prayed they never did. Although maybe I'd be better off...

I decided to wear some ripped jeans with a Nirvana band tee and some vans. I grabbed my phone and my wallet and left my dorm before going to meet Tyler.

I found the dark haired man sitting down on a bench near the grass and the three big oak trees. Tyler offered me a shy and bright smile when I got closer and I gave him one back.

"Hey." He breathed, scratching the back of his neck.

"Hi."

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry. For the whole you know... experience in my kitchen. I promise I didn't invite you over to try and make a move on you. And I also promise I don't come on strong like that. Or I try not to. I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable."

"You didn't. I just freaked out because I'm not exactly over my ex... there's probably not as much baggage there as I make it seem, but it's there. Which leads into the fact that I'm not ready for a relationship anytime soon."

"I get it. I got out of a relationship a month ago actually. It was an easy break up but it doesn't mean it didn't hurt any less. Still, I hope you can forgive me." Tyler gave me some sad puppy dog eyes and I giggled, giving in.

"I forgive you. Friends?"

"Friends."

YOUR POV:

"So I'm just gonna come right out and say it," Kylar paused for dramatic effect, "But you're blowing up kid! Your music has been number one on the charts for months now! I mean every song that you've released- which I know, only two- but the people love you and they want more of you!"

I half smiled at Kylar, "Well I appreciate you letting me do my thing and write my own songs and not pressure me into things."

"We're both here to help each other and at the end of the day I just wanna make sure you're okay." The light skinned man smiled brightly, his teeth looking like one of those purely white deluxe commercials, "Which brings me to the idea of working on an album and touring the world!"

My eyes bugged out of my skull. Sure the thought had occurred to me to buckle down and write an album, but I mean this soon? And touring the world, I mean now I had the money to do it without the label, but wow. I just was still in shock that this was my life.

I moved around in my chair, sitting up a little and looked over towards Travis who I was happy to have here, "Sounds exciting."

"Great!" Kylar beamed, "I can set you up with a few shows first, tease the fans a little. I'm gonna tell you now that there is no rush for you to get this album done. You go at your own creative process. We won't set a deadline till you think it's all finished up."

I nodded at his words, "Cool."

Kylar gave me a thumbs up before his gaze drifted down to his phone that began buzzing in his hand, "I'll make some calls and I'll text you. Now if you'll excuse me." He held up his phone and waved it around before answering and leaving the room.

"The world isn't going to be ready for this album." Travis chuckled.

"Correction, the world isn't going to be ready for our album." I smirked.