11 | Mission

Second POV
Wanda heard the door open and she immediately put you to sleep.

Compared to the messy bun Natasha was in earlier, her hair is now in a neat braid. "Where is Ali?"

"She's asleep." Wanda showed you sleeping soundly under the covers. "She was rather hyper in the jacuzzi before you came. Must have tired her out."

"Steve said it's time."

Unbeknownst to you, they were here for a mission. The guy they captured earlier split that some of the guys were hiding in this resort waiting for the package exchange. The team was spread out, trying to determine the place of exchange.

They could either do it in a place such as the library where there are few onlookers or a lot such as the club. They could also do it where people keep their eyes to themselves in the sauna or the jacuzzi.

Steve saw them in the library and that is where everyone is headed now.

"Everyone be ready to intercept." Steve said through the comm. It was dangerous to do things in the open when the public was still walking around. The best case scenario was to avoid a fight or to pull the fight to another place.

"Who's with me." Steve asked.

"I'm almost there." Sam and Bucky said as they opened the door to the library. A little too loud you may add. The buyer and the seller both lifted their feet the moment they heard the bang.

"You just gotta open the door loudly." Steve muttered under his breath before starting to chase the buyer. Both ran in different directions. "I'll take care of this guy, Bucky and Sam chase the other."

"Got it."

Wanda and Natasha were still making their way to the library. For wanting it to be in a quiet spot, it was located further from the rooms.

No longer having the intention to go down without a fight, things started to get more serious when they pulled out guns. To each pulled out their own gun, but Bucky was faster and managed to shoot him before he could even place his fingers on the trigger.

"Did you kill him?" Sam asked.

"No. He's obviously still moving idiot."

Back with Steve, he was still chasing the buyer. Now with the package in his hand, he was more determined to get out of here than the seller. "Nat secure the exits." He was close to getting out of the resort and as much as it was dangerous for the people in the resort, there would be more chaos if he got out.

Steve increased his speed and tackled him before he managed to climb the gates. He kicked the briefcase aside, before trying to secure him. He put up a fight and kicked Steve on the back of his head causing the soldier to stumble, giving him the chance to escape.

He reached out for the briefcase but Nat and Wanda just arrived and he decided to let it go and fled. The three of them tried to find him in the street but the car had already taken off.

"He got away."

"Here." Wanda passed Steve the briefcase. At least there was still some positive in this mission. He opened it up to check the content, it was a power enhanced gun, glowing bright blue.

"I already called SHIELD, Fury is going to send someone to pick it up." Natasha said as she hung up her phone.

"Where were you?" Steve asked Tony.

"I was partying in the club." Tony said as a matter of factly.

Steve could no longer be bothered to drill some senses into this guy and he obviously had none.

---

Your POV
I groaned and opened my eyes. After remembering the conversation with Wanda, I shoot up and inspect the room. I was still in the room unharmed but no one was around. I checked my phone and saw a message from Wanda.

Wanda:

Don't worry. I didn't tell Nat.

Your secret is safe with me.
But I want to know what happened.

I heaved a sigh of relief. But where are they? Did they ditch me again? I checked the time and it has been three hours since I was forced to sleep.

I typed the message and was going to send it when the door opened. I peeked out slowly and Wanda and Nat walked in. "Oh you're awake. We didn't want to wake you up, here's dinner." Nat said and placed the takeaway on the table.

I pulled Wanda aside and whispered. "Are you guys here for a mission?"

"Yeah. And before you say anything, it was Nat's idea to put you to sleep. She said you're too reckless and get involved in lots of trouble." Wanda had to squat down to get to my level.

"I only did it twice!" I defended myself.

"And that's enough for her."

"You didn't tell her anything right?"

"Should I?" She ruffled my hair and left to change into comfortable clothes before I could say anything.

--- >time skip<

It was the last day in this resort and thankfully there isn't any mission left. Wanda and I went to the library where I can tell her what happened. We were going through the shelving in the library, hoping to find some books at the same time.

Nat didn't join us because she would rather stay in the room and work. Even when we are here, she's working. Well it is not surprising.

"So how are you going to find them?" Wanda asked as she picked out a book.

"I don't know... they are always moving from what I heard." I picked out a book, The Return of Sherlock Holmes.

"Oh hey Ali! Nice to see you here!" I turned around to see who would know this name. It was Bill and Conan, Hailey and the group of friends they befriended.

"Hi guys, what are you doing here?" I asked the group.

"Uncle Bill is treating us to a restaurant here!" George, the tallest of the bunch, answered cheerfully.

"All you can think of is eat." Amy nudged him. "By the way, I haven't seen you in school all week."

"Yeah... I'm on vacation." I answered.

"Okay kids, let's go. The reservation time is almost up." Bill ushered the kids out of the library.

I pulled Conan behind so I could speak with him. "Did you find anything?"

"Yeah, come over to Bill's house later."

"So, he's the one who shrunk along with the girl at the back?" Wanda asked when they all left.

"That's right." 

Posted on 26 Feb 2022