Can't Sleep

Y/B/N- your brothers name (can't decide yet, should I just let you guys pick and leave it Y/B/N?)

After dinner everyone funneled up the stairs to enter their separate rooms. Mirabel called "dibs" on me so I followed her to her colorful room. She told me I could sleep in her bed since the other bed in the room was much smaller. She explained it had been Antonio's a long time ago and that he still slept in here sometimes. I assured her that she would sleep in her own bed, It was only fair considering everything they've done for me.

She handed me a nightgown and we both turned around and put them on. It was really pretty with delicate details. As I laid in bed and Mirabel shut of the lamp, my mind started to wander.

Why were these people so nice to someone they just met? I bet they're murderers. Yes, they've lured me here to my doom. Then images of Camilos face flash through my mind.

Maybe my doom wouldn't be so bad...

"Goodnight Y/N." Mirabel quietly whispers and turns over in her bed.

"Goodnight Mirabel." I try not the think about murderers and Camilo as I shut my eyes and quickly feel sleep carry me away.

——-

I'm walking in a village. No, my village? What am I doing here again.

"Hey Y/N, wanna play tag?" A little boy asks in hopeful voice. I look down at him. My little brother. Tears well up in my eyes. I bend down to grab him and pick him up, I hold him so tightly. My village is back the way it was before, untouched, but it's empty.

"Where is everyone?" I ask him with an unsteady voice. No response.

"Y/B/N?" And I pull him back from the hug. His body is limp, his skin is pale, and blood trickles from his open mouth. I lay him down on the floor and scream for help, for someone to help him. I couldn't lose him again. The once grassy green village floor turned ash black and the village burst into flame. But there was no one there, no one to help us. As the flames surround me, I sat on the floor and held my brother close to me. I looked at him before the flames engulfed us, in a strained whisper he says, "Why'd you leave me?"

—-

I woke up with a jolt. My tear stained face revealed that I'd been crying, I wiped my face. I need to leave, I don't belong here. I don't want these people to end up hurt too, and I can't have anyone see me like this. I carefully get out of bed and smooth out the comforter and adjust the pillow.

I'm so sorry Mirabel.

I grab my bag as walk towards the door. But just as I reach it, I look back for a second. Well, I guess it was nice while it lasted. I carefully turn the door knob and walk outside.

Shivers are sent down my spine as I walk down the corridor over to the nearest balcony that faces the moon. I began to whisper to the sky softly while clasping my hands together. He loved the moon.

"Y/B/N, I couldn't save you, and I'm so sorry. It'll always be my biggest regret. I'll never forget you." A single tear drops down the side of my face. I've got to leave, I start walking and turn the corner just for my head to run straight into somebodies chest. I blink back tears, I hope he didn't hear anything...

"Bad dream?" Camilo says in a raspy voice, clearly he'd just woken up. I nod slowly.
"Me too." He says and then bites the inner corner of his cheek. It looks like he's trying to think of something to say when he notices my bag.

"I don't know your life Y/N, and I'm not going to pretend I know what you're going through. But when you're hurting or struggling the last thing you should do is run. If anyone can help, it's family." He said concernedly. My eyes well up, I can't stop them. I take a shaky inhale to say

"That's just the thing, my family is dead."

He looks down at me, his eyebrows curving inward in sadness. Just as my eyes start to blur, I feel two arms wrap around me. I close my eyes and sink into his arms. I can feel the warmth of his skin as he holds me. He tucks his head into my neck and his curls tickle the side of my face. I know I just met him, but still here he is. Comforting me. We stay like that for awhile until my breathing is steady and my eyes are all dry. When we pull away I look up at him gratefully.

He takes a deep inhale, I can tell he needed that too. "I know we just met but you'd be surprised how well I know people, considering I shapeshift all day. My rooms the 3rd on the left, well the one with my face on it, if you ever want to talk. I'm here, okay?" He tilts his head with a sad smile.

I think for a second then smile back. "Thank you, I just-" I lose my words.

"You don't have to tell me today Y/N. But when you're ready I'm here." I nod and we both step back to start walking to our rooms.

"Goodnight Y/N."

"Goodnight Camilo."

I guess I really would stay for a few more days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! Okay so as always suggestions are welcomed, also would you guys prefer a normal party or more of a masquerade type deal? Idk I'm trying to make the story more interesting. Thank you for everyone reading this!!