Chapter 13

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*Victoria's POV*

UGH where is he!?

Olivia, Sofia and myself have been looking around Casiat for the past four hours trying to find Camilo, but he just disappeared! We kept running around the entire town trying to avoid the Madrigals so we wouldn't get any more jobs and if we did accidentally bump into them and if the gave us a job we would just dump the stuff at their feet and run off laughing wickedly while shout at us.

It was now sundown and we were panting messes. The three of us stood around the side of Casita by the washing lines. I looked down at myself. My skirt was covered in mud and leaves while my shirt was torn here and there. My hair was puffy and was scattered all over the place with branches and leaves in it. I was missing rings and bracelets. I groan in frustration and wipe myself down to look at least a bit decent. The other girls following my lead.

We stop at the sound of people laughing. Two people to be exact. One laugh I knew all to well and the other seemed familiar. I peak my head around the corner of Casita. I am greeted with Camilo and María laughing their heads off while holding hands. They came to the entrance of the house and they became quiet. María layed her head on Camilo's shoulder looking out at the sunset. They both sighed in joy. Ugh! That should be me! María parted Camilo with a kiss to the corner of his mouth. Camilo entered the house shortly after her registered what happened.

I turn back to the girls and they seem equally annoyed with the current situation.

'We need to stop this....now' I state and they nod.

'But how?' Sofia asks. I put a finger to my chin.

'I don't know....' I respond. They do the same stance and actions as me trying to think of a plan.

*María's POV*

Camilo and I sat in our new spot for hours and hours just chatting to each other of just sitting together in silence, it was quiet and peaceful so it was perfect for that. We stayed there until I realised it was almost sundown. He reluctantly agreed to head back but only if I held his hand the entire way back. I gladly agreed and we walked back to Casita hand in hand. Again Encanto's people gave us sly grins and winks like they knew something I didn't.

We walked up the hill to Casita laughing from something Camilo said. He shape-shifted into Victoria and Sofia and in a high pitched voice mocked them in ways they flirt with him. It was hilarious. Before we knew it we arrived at Casita's doors. We stopped and turned around so we were looking out across Encanto and staring at the sunset together. I rest my head on his shoulder and his head on top of mine.

'Thank you for the day mi vida (my life)' I mutter to him. He can feel his smile.

'Anything for you amor (love)' He replies. I raise my head from his shoulder and give him a peck to the corner of his lips. He freezes in shock. I turn away from the sunset and him and start to walk to the kitchen to help Julieta with dinner. I was turning red by my action. When I enter the kitchen Julieta, Dolores and Mirabel sat at the table with curious gazes. I gave them a I-think-i-might-have-a-crush-on-someone look. They burst out laughing while I stood at the entrance of the kitchen with an even redder face.

(Small time skip to dinner)

I sat in between Luisa and Isabela. Across from me was Camilo and the others and of course Señora Alma was at the top of the table as always. We all engrossed in our different conversations. That was until Señora Alma cleared her throat, we turned our attention to her. She smiled at us all and stood from her seat with a glass in her hand.

'Another gift will be coming into our household tomorrow and this will be one of many more to come, this may be ones first gift ceremony' she winks at me and I smile. 'And for others it would be one of many, but I want you all to know that no matter what happens I will love you all and protect you all, so without further a do I ask you all to raise a glass to Antonio and his amazing gift that he will receive tomorrow' we all obliged to her request and raise a glass. Antonio looks around anxiously, his anxiety eases a bit when he meets my eyes, I give him a warm smile and and encouraging wink.

'To Antonio!' We cheer.

'To me!!' He shouts and raises his arms in the air. We all laugh at his playful nature.

(After dinner)

After dinner I collected all the dirty dishes and started to clean up while the rest of the Madrigals went to bed. I hum to myself lost in my own thoughts. That was until.....

'Boo!'

I shriek and quickly turn around with a spoon in my hand. When I turn around I am greeted by a laughing Mirabel and a giggling Antonio. I put my free hand to my heart.

'You need to stop that! You scared the shit out of me!' I say. That fuels them on and they laugh harder and harder. I huff in annoyance and just turn back around and start cleaning the dishes again ignoring them completely.

'We're sorry María' Mirabel says through her laughter. I ignore her. I feel a small tugging on my sleeve. I look down and see Antonio with his puppy eyes.

'We're sorry María' He says as cutely as possible. I groan and look at Mirabel who was holding her laughter.

'Why would you bring him with you! This is torture!' I cry out. Antonio and Mirabel explode into laughter again and soon enough I do too.

'Shut up! I'm trying to sleep!' Dolores shouts at us. We quickly shut up.

'Sorry Dolores' I whisper knowing she will hear me. I turn back and quickly finish washing the dishes and quickly dry them too. Casita puts everything back for me. 'Thanks Casita'

'Ready?' Mirabel asks. I turn to her and nod.

I take Antonio into my arms and we quickly but as quietly as possible run up to Mirabel and Antonio's room. We shut the door behind us. We scatter ourselves around the room getting comfortable and we stayed up all night just chatting and telling stories. We Al, decided that since tomorrow was so important that we should definitely try and get to sleep. Antonio fell asleep and my chest again and half of Mirabel's body was on the floor the other on her bed. Myself on the other hand stayed up for as long as my eyes would stay open just anticipating the ceremony.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Hola! Hope your all good and well! Thought I would post this chapter a bit early today sooooooooooo ye! I'll see how many chapter I can get out tomorrow! Hope you enjoy this chapter and the overall book so far!