64. Rapunzel

I sat cross legged on my bed, my blanket around my shoulders as I stared at the window. My vision was blurry, sometimes I was seeing him, other times I wasn't. Was he really here?

The rain hadn't calmed, I was still scared for him, being in such darkness, alone, looking into a warm room. I stand corrected, not looking into a warm room, looking at me... in the warm room.

I couldn't see his face very clearly, but it was still visible to some extent. I wished I could happily let him in, I couldn't, but watching him put himself in a situation that just asks for hypothermia to hit him was also something I couldn't do.

'Fucks sake.' I mumbled under my breath and got up from the bed. He had crossed his arms, and I was internally scolding him for not bringing a coat. Although at a time like this, I'm sure a coat was the last thing on his mind.

I unlocked and opened the door, blocking the way of him coming inside. The draft was strong, so I had to keep the door from closing with one hand. 

His hair was utterly soaked, to the point where it couldn't be any worse. I studied his state, visibly shaking my head at the same time.

'I'll get you a towel.' I murmured, and slowly walked to the bathroom, silently asking him to hold the door open. When I stepped onto the tile, I let out a heavy breath, I knew I was keeping it in, it's why I was so relieved to release the bit of panic I had inside me. This was one of the riskiest things I could do under Vincent's roof, having a boy millimetres from entering my room. I would rather blow the smoke of a cigarette in his face than allow him to find out about this. 

I leaned over my bathtub and took a light blue towel from the heater. It was warm, maybe it could warm him up a little. Though, I thoroughly doubt the trifling warmth of the material could bring significant difference to his body temperature. 

I adjusted the bath mat in a pathetic attempt to stall, and was about to leisurely walk out until I heard a startling knock on my bedroom door.

'Alessa, do you want food? Pablo and Chiara have prepared a cheese board downstairs.' It was Armani, my eyes went wide. I gripped onto the towel and ran out of the bathroom, straight to the balcony.

I doubt Milan could hear the door due to to the harrowing noise of the loud rain, I still hadn't allowed him in; how rude of me.

I reached for his arm, dragged him inside the room and closed the balcony enterance as quietly as I could. I hurriedly took him to the bathroom, pushed him down onto the toilet, and put a finger to my lip. I threw the towel at him, closed this door and went towards my bedroom door.

I casually opened the door, and found him standing there, politely and subtly. He tilted his head at me without a word, looked into my blank eyes and then looked behind me into the room. 

'Why is your floor wet?' He questioned intensely. His question was asked nicely, but the seriousness and scariness of the situation made it intense. Why does he have to be so damn observant. 

'It was too warm in here, so I opened the balcony door. I just didn't realise how much it was raining.' I shrugged, allowing the lie to roll right off my tongue. It was so unsuspicious, I even forgot I was hiding someone less than 10 metres away.

'Alright, please keep it closed, we don't want you getting sick.' He nodded, without the usual smile he would have given me. 'Do you want to come down? Are you hungry?'

'I ate with Lorenzo, and I haven't had the best day, so I would prefer to be left alone tonight.' I looked down to my ring as I said this, being careful not to spin it, wouldn't want to draw unwanted notices like my internal nervousness.