Chapter 8

Shout out to magi_bear for the cover!

Chapter 8

   As soon as my Biology teacher, Mr. Frankiln -who was also the vice principal- told us we'd be going to the biology lab, I knew we were going to disect something. Fantasitc.

   Grayson was in my biology class so I could actually pair up with someone to disect whatever we were going to. Normally, I went by myself since everyone hated me and I didn't talk to Grayson then, and it was horrible. I had to do everything by myself and I nearly vomited a few times.

   While our class was walking to the biology lab, Grayson and I walked beside each other. "About what you said to me yesterday," I said. "Is it true?"

   Grayson sighed. "Yeah. I heard him talking to his friend on the phone about it before we got to your house. He said something along the lines of 'Grayson has a new friend. I'm going to try to get her parents approval.'" He sighed. "Sometimes I think he dates my friends just to bug me."

   "That's horrible," I said. "But there's a four year difference between me and Graeme. I doubt my parents will allow it."

   "I wouldn't get your hopes up," Grayson said. "Once, he was able to get this fifteen year old girl's parent's approval to date. He was twenty at the time. He's very persuasive and charming."

   "But there's a difference between getting my parent's approval and getting mine," I said. "And trust me, he is not getting my approval."

   We got to the biology lab and stood behind one of the tables there. I was not looking forward to disect something.

   When each pair was at a table, Mr. Franklin begin handing out kits. Disecting kits. Lunch didn't even finish two hours ago so I definitely didn't digest my food yet. I was probably going to vomit.

   "Alright class," Mr. Franklin said once every pair had a kit. "Today, we will be disecting a frog. You need to follow every instruction properly if you want to succeed. If you don't there can be disasterous results. Be careful." He then handed each pair a sheet of paper which had the instructions. Then came the worst part. He began handing out the frogs, which we laying on wooden boards.

   "I think I'm going to be sick," I muttered.

   Grayson raised an eyebrow. "We haven't started yet. And we've disected things before."

   "Yeah, but those were cow's eyeball and stuff like that," I said. "This is a real live animal."

   "It's dead," Grayson pointed out before shaking his head. "I have one question only, Flower. How much do you want to disect this frog?"

   "Well, I told you I'm going to be sick," I said. "So I'd say not at all."

   "Okay," Grayson said. "Then I'm about to get us kicked out of here."