𓆙 Chapter Seventeen 𓆙

3rd Person POV:

Y/n had been born into a clan of thieves who lived off an excessive amount of riches that had been stolen from those who had been killed by the demon that they worshipped.

Messed up, right?

 Said demon takes the form of a woman with a snake-like lower body and face and had a great taste for newborn babies, which is what the Iguro's sacrificed to her in exchange for their riches.

Y/n was the first non-female in 370 years, which came as a huge shock as the Iguro clan only consisted of women.

Due to this, Y/n lived out all of their days locked up in a wooden cage.

 Being spoiled by their family who insisted on bringing them so many plates of rich food that Y/n became sick of it due to the overly pungent odours of the food and the poor ventilation of their room.

 The serpent demon also seemed to have taken a liking to Y/n as they were a rare child with heterochromia. A jinchuriki.

The demon would spend the nights slithering around the cage in the dark and simply just staring at Y/n.

Y/n was utterly frightened and couldn't even sleep.

When they turned eight, Y/n was finally allowed to leave their cell for the first time in their entire life.

 They were taken into a room that appeared to be an expensive shrine and put face to face with the serpent demon for the first time, immediately causing them to shake in fear and terror at the demon's appearance.

That's when Y/n realised that this was the very same thing that had been slithering in their room and staring at them every night of their life.

 The demon remarked how Y/n was very small, and wondered to herself if she should wait to eat them until they were a little bigger.

Deciding that she would, she organised their mouth to be cut all the way to their ears, to match hers due to her being 'fond' of them.

 The blood that Y/n shed from this procedure was collected into a chalice that the demon then drank from as if it were sake.

Back in their cell, with their wound now covered by a bandage, Y/n began only to think of how they would escape and survive upon realising their fate.

 Y/n began to scratch away at the lattice of their cell with a stolen hairpin they took from one of their relatives that they would then use during the night in order to prevent anyone from noticing Y/n's attempt to escape. 

Day by day, Y/n would be in a constant state of worry and fear; shaking in terror at the possibility of what would happen if the snake demon or their family would discover their attempt at freedom.

The only being they could trust was a small snake that had somehow wandered into their cage and became their only friend; Kaburamaru.

After a while of doing this, Y/n finally manage to completely remove a wooden chunk of the bars and escape into the night as fast as they could.

 As they ran, the serpent demon began to pursue Y/n, almost catching up to them and killing them before the Anbu, by chance, came to Y/n's rescue.

The Anbu ended up murdering the snake demon, saving Y/n.

Soon after, in an act of revenge, Y/n slaughtered the whole of the Iguro clan. Y/n decided to change their last name from 'Iguro' to 'L/n' afterwards.

Due to their own sense of self loathing and guilt for having been born into such a family and allowing them to die for their survival, Y/n joined Konoha and decided to turn all their rage onto whatever enemies they could find.

Y/n figured that they'd feel like a better person if they risked their life for the sake of others and somehow ease their guilt for being alive.

However, when Y/n met Naruto, he ended up changing their views on life drastically; becoming Y/n's first ever friend.

Little did Y/n know, they were also Naruto's first friend, too.

TBC...