Paddle boarding

I got back home faster than I thought I would've. All the lights from downstairs were off and that means mom, dad, and Morgan are all asleep or at least in their rooms.

I parked my car in front of the house cause I knew if I tried to park my car in the garage it would be to loud and most likely wake up my parents.

I went inside and tried my best to be quiet and I was doing great until I got to the 3rd floor which is were my bedroom is. I was walking backwards to make sure that dad wouldn't pop out of nowhere and yell at me for getting home at almost 2 a.m cause he would do something like that.

He has before.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when my back hit the wall knocking down a framed picture of mama.

I would've just left it there and come back for it in the morning but it was mama's picture. I couldn't leave there like that.

I picked up all the big pieces of glass and the frame and threw it away in the hall bathroom. I took the picture with me to my room and placed it under my pillow.

I changed out of my clothes that are still wet from  when Topper tackled me into the ocean and went to bed hoping tomorrow would be better than today was

I changed out of my clothes that are still wet from when Topper tackled me into the ocean and went to bed hoping tomorrow would be better than today was.

~~~~~~

I woke up to the light of outside peeking through my window and birds chirping.

I went downstairs to see what mom had cooked for breakfast. When I got to the kitchen I only saw a note on the counter next to a plate of waffles.

Morning girls,
I had to go to the mainland to pick Peter up from the tarmac. Pepper came with me but, she left some waffles for you two. Please make sure you girls do something productive or fun like paddle boarding I remember Maddie saying she wanted to try. Just don't stay home all day.
Love,
Dad

Well there goes my plan of having a family breakfast. I'm not surprised though we only really eat as a family on special occasions. But good news is that Peter is on his way here.

Ever since aunt May passed he's been under the custody of dad and living with us. Which also means he comes with us everywhere cause he's apart of our family. Last month when dad announced to the team that we were moving Morgan, Peter, and I looked for jobs. Unfortunately Peter was the only one who got hired for one. He's working in some 4 star hotel.

I heard movement from upstairs meaning Morgan is up and probably hungry.

I warmed up the waffles and put them out for both Morgan and myself with fruits, whipped cream, and syrup with a glass of orange juice.

"Morning Mads."

"Morning. I made breakfast." Morgan looked at me with an unimpressed look.

"Did you really?" She asked with a raised eyebrow already knowing the answer.

"Nope. Mom did." I said popping the 'p' and handing Morgan a fork. I walk around and sit down next to her at the kitchen island.

"Where is mom anyway?"

"Her and dad went to the mainland to pick up Peter." I looked over at Morgan sending her a slight smirk knowing that on the inside she was exploding with excitement cause she finally gets to see her boyfriend after 3 days. She hasn't stopped talking about since we got in the car on our way to the airport. Like I said before they're both clingy.

I look over at Morgan and she's silently asking me for permission to obsess over her boyfriend. I know that sounds weird but I have a very short patience and every time something bad in my life happens it shortens even more. And seeing people be all lovey dobey doesn't really help. And Morgan knows I hate seeing happy couples cause it reminds me of when I was in a happy relationship.

I nod my head 'yes' giving her permission to obsess over Peter cause honestly it's kinda funny how much her and Peter love each other.

"You get thirty seconds."

She starts rambling on and on about what her and Peter are gonna do and how much she loves him and blah blah blah. I look down at my phone and realize it's already been 2 minutes. I didn't wanna tell her to stop talking about her boyfriend cause I know it'll make her feel bad so instead I just interrupted her.

"Hey you wanna go paddle boarding?"

"What." Morgan asked genially confused as to what I just asked probably because she was still rambling on about Peter.

"I said "do you want to go paddle boarding.""

I literally saw her face light up. I loved seeing my sister happy. Morgan and I aren't really the social type of people like every other teenager you would ever meet. It's always just been us. Maddie and Morgan-Morgan and Maddie. With a hint of Peter, Sam, and Wanda. And some friends from school but, most of the time it was just us two and we would do things together just the two of us. At home or out like to the mall or the movies. But then we got boyfriends. Morgan has Peter and I have-had Pietro.

I miss him everyday and I feel horrible that Wanda lost the only biological family member she had left. But sometimes I can't help but feel responsible for his death even though I-

"Maddison! Hellooo?!" Morgan was yelling right into my ear. God sometimes I wish I could just take a piece of tape an-

"Are we going paddle boarding or not?"

"Oh yea let's go get ready."

~~~~~~

I went to my room and changed into my one of my favorite bikinis. It's just a plain low rise white bikini with little pink flowers on it and then I wore some really short denim jean shorts on top. I left them unbuttoned cause I knew I would end up taking them off sooner or later. I threw on a necklace and few rings so my outfit wouldn't be so plain. I don't normally wear jewelry especially not when I know I'm probably gonna get wet but, I'm still getting used to the fact we now live on an island and it's summer and everyone is ether shirtless or in nothing but a bathing suit. But I always wear my necklace no matter where I go. It's the last thing I have left of mama's. She gave it to me on my 13th birthday. The year that she died.

It's a locket that's been passed down her family for generations. It has a picture of me and mama from the day she gave it to me.

I stood at my floor length mirror admiring it for a while before I went to my closet and slipped on my black converse. I know I'm going paddle boarding but. I'm the only one with a surfboard so Morgan is most likely going to be sitting on the board while I paddle.

XoXo,
Lani❤️