⚾︎| chapter four

KELANI PARKER
hey, you! don't be a silent reader:)

The first thing I felt when I woke up this morning was, pain. I knew where it was coming from only because I've never felt pain there before. It was my head; it was pounding like a heartbeat. I was hungover. I was completely hungover.

"Shit..." I mutter to myself, trying to balance myself. I walk over to my bathroom and dig into my bathroom bag looking for Advil. I pop 2 tablets in my mouth before swallowing with water.

I walk over to the balcony. These dorms are nice actually that's an understatement. It's luxury almost. I walk out to the balcony without a care in the world, no care that I'm wearing a cropped hoodie and short shorts.

I take a cigarette out of my matte black holder and place it in between my lips. I inhale and feel the nice feeling of nicotine burning the back of my throat, it'll never get old.

I lean against the balcony fence, it's freshly painted. "Smoking this early in the morning, huh?" A familiar deep male voice says. I look to my left and see Christian Irwin sitting on a chair, scrolling through his phone.

"I'm hungover, and I have a bad migraine," I inform him, exhaling the smoke. "a smoke helps." I lift up my cigarette.

"It does?"

I stretch out my hand as a sign to try it out, he finally looks up from his phone and he waves it off, "I can't." He starts, "I'm in baseball, and if my coach ever found out about me smoking, I'm dead." He says with a chuckle that sounded like music to my ears.

"You're no fun." I sarcastically say with a pout, all of a sudden, a light breeze came through causing me to shiver. "You can drink but can't smoke? That's wack." I tease him.

"Since when do you smoke? Don't you do ballet or something," He asks me, and I completely ignore the second question. "Ever since Blake and I broke up." I answer with a small sigh.

He hums in response and starts to laugh, "I knew it," he says pointing to me and I give him a confused look. "I knew you were the Kelani he dated."

"I'm sure you did." I look down and see a few people walking around campus, "I knew you were the Christian he hated." I smart mouthed.

He clutches his heart, "Hate is a strong word, sunshine." He remarked sarcastically.

I snort at his sarcasm, and the nickname he gave me. Sunshine? Really? "Yeah, hate might be a strong word but that's the word we're going to use for this..." I take a small pause trying to find the right words.

"Rivalry?"

I snap and point at him, "That's it."

He looks me up and down, "Aren't you freezing?" He questioned and I look down at my shorts and shrug my shoulders, "The cold never bothered me anyway." I quote a song from Frozen.

He laughs while rolling his eyes, "You sure." He double checks.

"I'm positive." We both make eye contact for a very awkward amount of time. "You know, you're not really as bad as Blake described you." I tell him honestly, and maybe it wasn't the best thing to tell someone you barely just met but I feel like I've known him forever.

"Is that so?" He nods slowly, "How'd he describe me?" He questions sitting up from the chair and leaning against the railing, just like me.

I place my cigarette in a nearby ashtray. "Let me think, there's a lot." I tilt my head to the side and look up at the cloudy sky. "Rude, Hypocritical, selfish."

"There's a lot more, I just don't want to hurt your feelings." I give him smile, it wasn't genuine, but it was a smile.

"You care about my feelings?" He says with a smile, showing off his pearly white teeth and fucking dimples. Dimples are my weakness.