25 | boyd

is that an engagement ring?

[ 3.07 ]

Willow stood in the parking lot of the hospital with Scott, his mother, Stiles, and his father. She had been there bringing Warren some dinner, as he was staying late to help with a huge wreck on the interstate that led to a pileup and multiple injuries.

The on-call doctor had gone missing and the replacement they called in for him, Dr. Hilyard never made it — her car did though. There was no doubt that they were both taken for sacrifices, but they couldn't say those exact words to Noah as he took his statement.

"Hang on, hang on," Noah said, getting confused. "They were both in the car?"

Stiles sighed. "No, Dad, they're trying to tell you that it was two separate kidnappings, okay? Two doctors, both gone."

"So whose car is this?" he asked, looking at the abandoned vehicle. Its driver had been taken while still on the road.

"Dr. Hilyard, the on-call doctor. The E.R. attending is the one that never made it in," Melissa explained.

"Let me just focus on getting your story first, all right?" Noah asked, looking to Melissa.

"Yeah."

"Boys, Willow, give us a second," he told them.

The three of them quickly moved away and began whispering quietly.

"These are definitely sacrifices, right?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, it's the one Deaton mentioned," Stiles told them. "Healers."

"What about Danny? He threw up mistletoe," Scott said. Danny came into the hospital earlier and almost died, but thankfully, Melissa saved his life. "That's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would've died. Danny's not a healer."

"Danny's not a healer, but both our parents are," Willow said, looking at Scott with wide eyes.

"I - we have enough werewolves to spare to keep an eye on them both," Scott said, not wanting her to worry about her father. "We'll just have to be more careful about your dad finding out. We don't need him asking questions."

"Do you—" Willow paused and glanced back at the hospital that her father was working in. "Do you think I should tell him? Warn him?"

"It might not have to come to that," he told her.

"And if it does, it's not like you sprout fangs and claws, so he won't be scared of you since you're normal," Stiles said, looking on the bright side. Then after an afterthought, he added, "Normal-ish."

Normal-ish was certainly the word to use. None of them had a clue as to what she could possibly be, though they all knew about her healing Derek. They didn't even know how. Stiles had gotten excited and given himself a paper cut before thrusting his torn finger in Willow's face, demanding that she heal it.