8| Lost

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Lost

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 8: Lost (Adam's POV)

I walked into the restaurant first and past the few indoor tables before stopping on what seemed like a giant patio with round tables scattered everywhere. 

Aspen and Remy were standing there while a few waiters brought multiple tables together so all our guests could fit in one place. 

I walked over, helping a waiter with the last table. "Gracias," he grinned before rushing back to work. 

"Hey, you're both the first ones here so um, pick your seats," Aspen said, gesturing towards the dozen chairs around the tables. Aspen and Remy took the first two seats from the right of the head of the table and Emilia moved past, sitting a few seats down from Remy. 

I scanned the seats one, trying to figure out who would sit where and I pulled the chair right across for Emilia and sat there and she looked up at me, her eyes locking in place with mine. I lifted a brow, leaning back in my seat and resting my hands on my thighs. 

"You know, sitting across from me is one thing but manspreading is another. Close your legs, Adam, your grandma's coming to sit next to you," she smirked, leaning forward and resting her arms on the table. 

"Adam!" 

I closed my legs, turning to look at Nana who was approaching me with a grin while Pops trailed behind her. I stood up, not missing Emilia's snicker, and turned to my grandmother. "Hey, Nana." 

"Hi, honey, it's so good to see you. It's been so long." 

"It has," I nodded, taking her hug. She sat to my right while I greeted Pops. Nana and Pops are my mother's parents. I don't see them as often because they don't live in San Francisco with my parents or anywhere near them either, they live in Colorado. 

I don't know how but our families, both mine and Emilia's are pretty scattered across the US. Our parents live in San Francisco, both her grandparents, maternal and paternal, live in Colorado, just like mine, except my grandparents from my dad's side passed away when I was pretty young. Her aunts, uncles, and cousins are scattered across Florida while mine are mostly in Washington. It's a big mess, mostly. 

"Hi, doll," Nana grinned at Emilia. 

"Hi, Nana," she smiled back softly. While Nana grabbed my arm and turned to talk to me, telling me how much she wanted to catch up with me, I heard Emilia greet Pops. "How have you been, Pops?" 

"I've been good, darlin', we haven't seen you in years!" he exclaimed. 

"Well, I'm here now, aren't I?" she chuckled softly. 

One at a time, everybody came over to the table and took their seats. "So, what have you been up to, sweetie?" Emilia's aunt, Mrs. Christy asked her. 

"Um, not much, actually." 

"Why are you always so modest?" Mrs. Feye asked, shaking her head. "She wrote a book, Christy. She's damn good at writing and she—"