Shutdown (Halo 4)

Screen fades to Cortana looking at the sun.

Cortana: "I can give you over forty thousand reasons why I know that sun isn't real. I know because the emitter's Rayleigh effect is disproportionate to its suggested size. I know it because its stellar cycle is more symmetrical than an actual star. But for all that, I'll never actually know if it looks real... If it feels real..."

Cortana turns around to see you loading your weapon.

Cortana: "...before this is all over, promise me you'll figure out which one of us is the machine."

Lasky then enters room.

Lasky: "So what's your plan?"

Y/N L/N: "Infinity's tracked the Didact's vessel to a docking structure southeast of here. We'll jump ship as Infinity exits the roof."

Lasky: "You know, I was sent down here with orders to prevent you from leaving. In case you had already gone, I took the precaution of ordering a Pelican outfitted for full combat pursuit."

Pelican slowly rises behind you.

Lasky: "I hope to God you're wrong about that Forerunner or whatever he is, Noble. But in the event you're not..."

Lasky nods his head toward the Pelican.

Lasky: "... And Noble? Good luck. Both of you."

Lasky leaves the room and Cortana looks to you.

Cortana: "... C'mon, Noble. Take a girl for a ride."

You then retrieved Cortana from the holo-tube and inserts her into your helmet. Edges of your HUD started to turn into blue static.

Cortana: "The Didact used this 'Composer' to create the Prometheans from ancient humans. If he's to finish the job, he'll have to find it first. Our best bet to stop him is keep him firmly on Requiem."

You proceeded to head towards the Pelican joining up with the rest of your team members Chief, Kat, and Thelya. They all turned to look towards you as you nodded towards them. Just then a Marine came running towards you.

Marine: "Uh... Sir."

You ignored him as you and the rest of your team jumped onto the Pelican. You proceeded straight to the cockpit of the ship while the others sat down on their seats.

Cortana: "Let's hope Lasky didn't skimp on that Pelican."

Marine 1: "That's pretty much the way things are going, ain't it?"

Marine 2: "This is all kinds of wrong, man."

Marine 1: "Noble Six, Sir."

Cortana: "Initiating pre-flight diagnostics. Forward Autocannon: Check. Lateral Rail Turrets: Check. Main Thrusters: Check. Auxiliary Boosters: Check. All right, keying engines... now."

The Pelican's landing pad lowers down to a launch chamber. The Pelican in the catapult, ready for launch.

Cortana: "It may be a while before we find another ride home. You know that, right?"

Y/N L/N: "It'll be OK."

The Pelican launches and flies straight out of the chamber. Behind it, the Infinity gets further and further away as it leaves. The Didact's Cryptum is seen in the centre of a large network of floating Forerunner structures, patrolled by CRS-class light cruisers.

Cortana: "Contact. Didact. Dead Ahead."

Master Chief: "How do we get inside those shields?"

Cortana: "Marking two of the larger facilities on your HUD."