Chapter 42- Us

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

I am so sorry for this chapter-please don't hate me.

I can recommend listening to "Million Reasons" by Lady Gaga while reading.

Amara Thorne
(Yes, I know that her name is Amara Calvetti now)

I stare in the mirror, my gaze wandering over my face.

We have to talk.

We have to talk.

We have to talk.

Just about the shipments.
He wants to talk about the shipments.
The fucking shipments.

Why is he fucking with my mind like that?

After everything he did.

After he betrayed me and made me feel things that are too painful, too cruel to wish them upon your biggest enemy. After leaving me lying in the puddle of my shattered heart.

We should talk but not about this fucking shipments. We should talk about why you did it. Why you waited in this goddamn theatre...our theatre with me only to what? Play drunk? Distracting me? Only to gain my trust. To kiss me and rip everything away from me.

If Ayden wouldn't have called, I would have kissed him. I would have given him everything.

Every little part of me.

My body.

My mind.

My past and future.

Only for him to run a dagger in my fucking heart by meeting with the enemy to take my Mafia down.

I shake my head in disbelieve.

Maybe, just maybe you should have killed me right there on my sixteenth birthday, so I didn't have to feel the consequences of your betrayal.

I take a step back, taking a last look at my reflection, before turning around and leaving my room.

I walk down the stairs, giving off sounds every time my heels hit the marble floor.

Just the shipments.

Just discuss the shipments.

Why does it get every day harder with him?

We talked, he got me presents, we went on a fucking honeymoon.

We hugged...we kissed.

It almost felt normal.

But then everything is different. How he acts, how he talks, how he looks at me.

I would do everything in this entire fucking world to know what is going on in his head.

I just...I just want to know if...

But also, it would probably hurt.

To know the truth. To know that everything is fake...just like last time.

I open the door to his office, and he immediately looks up from the table and at me.

His mouth opens to say something but then he closes it again before pulling out the chair next to him, signalizing me to sit down. I walk behind the table and sit down, only a few inches next to him.