Part 5 | Kneel

"Sorceress?"

You glanced up to see Loki standing in front of your cauldron, his hands folded neatly behind his back.

"How can I be of assistance?"

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think you should let my brother down now."

"Loki, The God if Mischief, wants me to stop the mischief?" You asked incredulously, the God rolling his eyes.

"I don't want you to, but his complaints are getting rather loud and I prefer not to hear him when I'm reading."

"But I gagged him!"

"He's yelling through the gag."

You sighed and put down your knife. "I can't leave this potion, can watch it for me please? If it starts to bubble, stir it seven times anti clockwise" you requested, sliding off the counter and heading for the doorway.

"May I know what it is?" He asked, peering in to see an orange liquid simmering away as you grinned at him.

"But that would ruin the surprise."

He rolled his eyes again but watched the potion, leaning over the counter.

Wandering out into the lounge room, you looked up to see Thor trying to yell to Bucky through the gag. Loki was right; he was being annoying.

You flicked your wrist, the blonde God falling to the floor, landing with a thud. He turned to you, wringing his hands.

"I'm sorry Lady Y/n I really didn't mean to-"

"Did I just get the God if Thunder to kneel?" you laughed.

He stopped and looked slowly up at you before grinning. "You might've accidentally gotten me to but good luck getting Loki to do anything for you" he said.

"He's looking after my potion right now while I deal with you."

Thor looked shocked. "You just asked him to and he did?"

"Correct" you smirked proudly. "Now I have to go, I have a potion to attend to."

——————————————————————-

"Welcome one, welcome all to the greatest show the Avengers Tower has ever seen!"

There were cheers and scattered applause, Loki glancing around, seemingly confused.

"Am I correct in thinking you do this every week?"

"Yes."

"So why do you celebrate every time?"

Clint rolled his eyes. "Live a little Loki, it's fun to celebrate! We only get to at Starks parties or after a successful mission."

"Which reminds me, I'm hosting the monthly party soon" Tony announced, glaring as everyone groaned.

You tapped your betting tin and an excited silence fell on the table.

"Alright, let's begin. Nat?"

"Ten bucks it's Tony."

"You said me last week!" The billionaire exclaimed indignantly.

"Reason?"

"He's annoying."

Tony grumbled complaints as everyone laughed. Writing ten dollars under his name, you took the bill out of Nat's hand and placed it into the tin.

"Fair point. Ten bucks to Tony. Wanda?"

The betting continued on smoothly until it reached Bucky.

"Buck, what's your bet?"

"I bet 200 dollars that it's Pietro" he announced, slapping a pair of hundred dollar bills on the table. Everyone gasped including you; that was the biggest bet ever placed in your game.

"Wow. Reason?"

"He broke his record of hitting on you this week with a whopping 17 times" he said smugly at the looks on everyone else's faces. He was right, he had been particularly irritating.

Pietro looked terrified but also excited at the prospect of winning two hundred dollars. "What can I say, I'm a ladies man through and through- ow!" Wanda shut him up by throwing a bread roll at his head.

Finally, the betting was complete and everyone tucked into their meals.

Tonight it was Nat's turn to cook. When Clint heard he said it would probably be a Russian recipe, and Tony swore up and down that it would be straight vodka.

They were both wrong, as she had decided to make chicken enchiladas which are decidedly not Russian.

After everyone was done, they all sat, buzzing with excitement. Even Loki (who normally looks only slightly amused) had a grin on his face.

"What are you so happy about?" Bruce asked him warily.

"Oh you not much,  thinking of perhaps taking over the world again, or maybe destroying another realm. I was thinking Muspelheim, what do you think Y/n?"

You grinned at him for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, he's clearly figured out what the potion was and who it's for.

Secondly, he actually made a joke and he included you in on it.

And lastly, he said your name. Not mortal, sorceress or anything else, but your actual name. He hasn't done that to anyone else except Thor.

"I agree, Surtur might be a bit pissed though. I mean Thor's already stolen his crown, what else can your family do to him?"

Loki actually laughed. The first proper laugh since the movie last week. For some reason, you felt a bit proud as the others looked at the two of you curiously.

But there was no time for that. The potion was about to take effect.