Chapter 5 - Preparation in the Village

~~~

5章 村での準備

(Rimuru's Perspective)

"Well done. You have passed the test. I can see so much potential in all of you."

It is actually a line which I came up with in the previous timeline to, well, calm them down after I'd unknowingly been boasting my mystical aura and scaring the hell out of them. I said that line this time to tell them that I didn't demand anything else.

They are bewildered by my words. "Test, my lord?"

"Yes! You were still able to express your request clearly, even under the strong pressure of my aura. It shows that you, indeed, are worthy of being our subordinates. You can stop calling us 'strong ones'."

"Hahaha, so it was a test. But...how should we address you?"

"My name is Rimuru Tempest. And she"—I turn my head to Ciel-san, my right hand on her left hand—"is my partner."

"I am Ciel." She introduces herself, smiling.

"Now," I say. "You can raise your head."

"Thank you very much for your kindness, Rimuru-sama, Ciel-sama." They immediately raise their head and get up from dogeza back to seiza.

Having accepted their request, the very first thing we'll do naturally is assessing the goblins' current situation. "So, how many residents do we currently have? And how many are ready for battle?"

"We have approximately one hundred and fifty," answers the elder. "Counting the womenfolk, about eighty of them are ready for battle."

The number is significantly higher than the previous time. Well, it is a matter of course because we've come here, like, two weeks faster than we are supposed to be. And we also saved thirteen of them, on top of that. For a village of this size, thirteen is sure quite a significant number.

"Are there any folks injured?"

"No, sir. There are not," Rigur answers. "Thanks to your benevolence, our only injured folks have completely been healed."

"Rigur, your father said some moments ago that you'd gone with your team in order to retrieve information. So, what information have you managed to get?"

"Yes, sir. From all monsters that have been harassing us, the most prominent threat of all, I believe, are the direwolves. Looking from how we encountered them before, it is highly possible that they are targeting our village."

"If so, then we'll need to prepare ourselves. How many are they?"

"They appear to number around one hundred."

"One hundred...alright." I stand up, followed by Ciel-san. "I allow all of you to rest and calm your mind for fifteen days. One week before the night of full moon, we will all begin the preparation."

""Yes, sir!"" exclaim Rigur and his brother in unison. They all slowly stand up while supporting their father, bow at us, then walk out of the shack.

We're walking around, constantly checking the goblins' condition every certain period of time. If we ourselves want to rest, we usually choose a nearby tree and sit, leaning on it.

Two days later, an unexpected thing happens.

Ciel-san and I are resting on a tree. Suddenly a huge group of goblins come and visit this village. They consist of six different goblin tribes. All of them individually number around eight hundred and fifty.