Chapter 24 - Like Old Times

This probably has a lot of typos and grammar errors as wrote it late last night.  I'll check it again later.  Enjoy.

Virgil's (PoV)

I was being shaken, next, I was being lifted and dumped on the bed.

"What the hell." Paul was standing beside the bed. "Why are you flinging me about." I'd fallen asleep on the couch.

I couldn't sleep in Damien's bed. It kept setting off the flutter in my chest every time I breathed in his scent my mind would wonder. Walking into that room where I had spent all that time suffering being on heat triggered not just the awful pain, it also bought back the memories of the intense feelings I'd had for him...I couldn't stay in a bed that smelt so much of him.

"Get dressed The Alpha will be here in 40 minutes. You'll have breakfast and then see the Chapel Guardian. I've unpacked your clothes." He glared in disgust at my old sweats hanging off my hips. He moved to the end of the wardrobe and opened it. "This area is yours."

"Where are the clothes I was wearing." I jumped out of bed and grabbed his wrist. Paul frowned.

"Taken to be cleaned." I was surprised at how disappointed I was. I wanted to bury my face in the jacket that smelt of James and home. "You have 40 minutes."

He left and I checked out the section of the wardrobe that was MINE...LOL. It was an impressive collection of top-end brands. Someone had thought of every last detail, there was even an expensive watch and cuff links, ties, shoes and thank God underwear and socks this time. No dressing up and then having to go commando. It seemed like Damien wanted me to make a good impression. Was he actually going to present me to The Pure as someone who had successfully left the pack behind?

I'm at the stage where I will go along with anything Damien suggests to be rid of this curse. That is the only way I can describe it. It comes from nowhere and I have no defense against it. It's like an invisible phantom floating around me like the dementors from Harry Potter, waiting for a chance to torture me. Paul said I had it easy compared to Damien but now I seem to be the one paying the price for our bond.

....

This is AWKWARD. I was sitting with Damien and his parents over a delicious breakfast. No one was speaking and I nibbled on a croissant, keeping my eyes on the table. At least I looked the part. I was wearing a loose-fitting black linen suit, a white T and loafers. I braided my hair high on my head, it swung like a tail when I walked. I look hot. The expensive watch looks rather swish on my wrist and I can't help but admire it.

The silence went on for 30 excruciating minutes until Damien finally spoke. "Virgil is barely recognisable as the boy who was here was here 2 years ago, don't you agree Father." I cringed. Suddenly the old Alpha and Luna were looking at me. Thanks, Damien I needed them scrutinising me.

Damos's eyes glanced in my direction. They held no warmth and he mumbled what I think was "indeed".

Luna on the other hand smiled and looked at me properly. "I remember how sickly you were back then, so fragile and terrified. But look at you now....a grown man." Her smile grew wider, was that admiration in her eyes. "You were a beautiful boy but now you are a very handsome young man.

She sipped on her tea. "I'm surprised that having lived in the human world for so long that you haven't cut your hair. Luna gave me a little wink. "You should have no problem finding a mate while you are here." She added. "Perhaps I can introduce you to some nice young ladies?"