Chapter 28

Y/N'S POV:

My pounding footsteps against the castles floor echoed, some of the maids surrounding the hallways turning to look what the loud commotion was that was interrupting their work.

I knew what my plan was. I had a plan, right? I wasn't going to just jump into danger..right?

I shake my head and grumble.

No one else was believing me. Or believing that Tommy was still alive. It's like they all lost hope!

I turn around the hallways swiftly one by one, making my way towards the kings personal guard. Sam.

My plan was to ask him if I could borrow the letter that they got from that..guard.
And if he would say no..then force it out of him the hard way. Then..well the rest is complicated.

I got to the door where Sam laid behind.
Struggling to keep calm and not lash out, I take calm breaths, keeping my heart at a steady rate.

Grabbing the handle, I barge into his room without knocking.
He gives a quiet gasp, jumping in his seat at the desk he sat behind, from the sudden loud creak of the door, panicked.

"Oh. Y/n..what're you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the cemetery?" He asked, giving an inquired look, his thoughts stuttering for a moment as he lets his guard down.

Trying to come up with the right words to say, I threw out a lie. "I had to leave early. Something came up." I give him a blunt statement, not wanting to give a detailed explanation as to why I really left Tommy's "funeral".

"Oh? Why have you come here then?" He asked, seeming to sense that I was off.

I gave a heavy sigh, wanting to just get straight to the point. I slammed both of my hands onto the desk, startling him again.

"Listen Sam. I'm not here to talk. I've got things to do. Somewhere to be..like I said." I gritted through my teeth, my wings now sprouting out to their full length from my back, trying to seem intimidating.

"Okay..okay. What did you want to come in here for then?" He gave the same intimidating radiation back, quirking a brow in the process as he questioned me.

"I want that letter and it's belongings." I gave a low hush, wanting him to oblige and send me on my merry way.

Sadly, the world is never on my side. He stayed silent, sending me a hardened glare as he looked me up and down.

Annoyed that he never answered me back, I throw myself over his desk and grab ahold onto his shirt, pulling him forward while yanking him to me, myself merely only a few inches from his face.

"Tell me where they are Sam. I really don't like the silent treatment and would rather not do something I'll regret later on." I spit out, sending him a intimidating grin.

He gives a sly grin back, but not before pushing us apart and shoving his hands up into the air in surrender.

A small chuckle erupts from his throat as he speaks. "Woah..y/n. Feisty eh? Sorry. I can't give them to you." He gives his bland answer as he begins to sit back down into his chair.

"Why not?" I gritted through my teeth again, flashing an annoyed smile as I looked at him.

'Why does everything have to be so difficult all the time..'

"I don't have them." He states as the sly grin he once had on falters back into his original expression, his lips forming into a flat line.

I huffed, getting tired of this. "Then tell me where they are. Easy peezy, problem solved. I throw my hands up into the air, glaring at him.