18

Compassion

After everything was packed we traveled to the Lake house on a boat and when we arrived our things were immediately taken to our allocated rooms. "We used to come here for school retreats. We would swim to that island every day. I love the water. We used to lie out on the sand and let the sun dry us... and try and guess the names of the birds singing." Padme told and I smiled, i heard this story before as padme brought me here once before to show me the natural beauty of Naboo. "I don't like sand. Its coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft... and smooth." He stated rubbing my hand and padme left. Why couldn't he love padme, she looked beautiful, more beautiful then me. "Padme." I called after her but she had already walked to her room.

"Y/n." Anakin spoke gently I looked at him and began leaning in, he placed his lips on mine and we moved in sync until I pulled away. "No. I shouldn't have done that." I stated and he looked at me trying not to show that he was upset. "I'm sorry." He apologised. "That was my first kiss." He commented trying to clear the awkward atmosphere. "It wasn't mine." I stated looking at him and he looked confused. "Who was your first kiss?" He asked and I smiled. "Landon." I returned and he looked at me. "Him? Out of all people?" He asked he was a jedi around my age. "I mean I didn't have a choice he kind of just leaned in just like you did." I returned and he laughed. "I should go and speak to padme." I stated dismissing myself from the conversation.

I knocked Padme's door. "Padme?" I asked and she opened the door. "I like him, Y/n." Padme stated and I looked down. "He kissed me, but it will not happen again I think he took the hint. Take him on a picnic, I'll sort it out." I spoke and she smiled and hugged me. "Thank you y/n." She returned hurrying to get changed I helped her pick out a dress and then I left so she could change. I walked to the kitchens and told them about the picnic and they immediately filled up a basket and placed a blanket inside.

I walked to padme's room, knocked her door and gave her the basket and walked away to my room. All day I found things to make the time fly but I couldn't help but think about Padme and Anakin, I was jealous. I eventually played the piano from 4pm to 5pm, when it got dark, I sensed a force behind me. I got up alarmed. "Relax my daughter, it's only me." I heard my fathers voice and I smiled, hugging him, which actually works, i actually felt his warmth. "How is this possible?" I asked and he smiled. "Your connection with the force has became stronger, but you must keep your mind clear, you must stay true to the force. I am not telling you not to love as I was once like you. I am telling you to keep your head strong." He explained and I nodded, "Yes father, I understand." "What were you playing just then." My father asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, my fingers always have a mind of their own." I replied and he grinned. "Just like your mother." He commented and I looked down. "What was she like?" I whispered not wanting to upset him and he looked at me. "Alot like you actually, caring, headstrong, creative, but also she could be difficult at times, she would do things she wasn't supposed to do and then suffer with the consequences. If she wanted something she would get it." He listed and I smiled as he described her, he never told me anything about her before. "I must go." My father alerted before he disappeared.

A maid knocked my door. "Come in." I called. "Anakin and milady have returned from their picnic for dinner, and the senator has requested your presence." She informed me but I looked down. "Can you inform the senator that I am feeling under the weather and I won't be accompanying them." I said looking up and she smiled at me. "Ok, will do, would you like anything to eat?" She asked and I shook my head, she walked out closing the door behind her. I went into the shower and got changed into my nightgown, brushing my teeth and sitting on the sofa, messing with a circuit board.

There was a knock at my door. "Come in I called and in came Anakin, closing the door behind him. "Y/n are you feeling any better?" He asked and I smiled, "Very much." I answered and he looked at me and walked over pointing at a space on the sofa not occupied, "Do you mind?" He asked and I shook my head, "not at all, young padawan." I stated and he rolled his eyes as he took a seat. "From the moment I met you, all those years ago... not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about you. And now when I'm with you again, I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you-- I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should've never given me. My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me. What can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please tell me." He begged of me explaining how much he loved me, I looked at him, I do admit, I felt something for him but my father is right I can't let anything distract me. "I can't, we can't it's just not possible." I returned and he got closer to me. "Anything is possible, y/n. Listen to me." He pleaded but I got up. "No you listen. We're in a real world. Come back to it. You're studying to become a jedi and I- I'm a jedi knight. If you follow your thoughts to conclusion, it'll take us to a place we cannot go, regardless of the way we feel about each other." I lectured him my voice coming out harsher then expected. "Then you do feel something." He concluded and I looked at him. "I will not give up my future for you and I will not let you give it up for me." I explained and Anakin got up walking towards me. "You are asking me to be rational. That is something that I know I cannot do. Believe me, I wish I could wish away my feelings, but I can't." He spoke and I shook my head, "I will not give in to this." I responded and he turned to walk out when he turned to face me. "Well, you know it... wouldn't have to be that way. We could keep it a secret, like you said earlier, 'some secrets don't need to be shared.'" He quoted, what I said hours before. "We'd be living a lie, one we couldn't keep even if we wanted to. I couldn't do that. Could you, anakin? Could you live like that?" I questioned him and he nodded, "no, you're right, it would destroy us." He answered, agreeing with me, I ran my hand through my hair as he left, I decided to get some sleep.