19

Dreams are not sweet

I awoke during the night to Anakin crying out to his mother. I wanted to check on him, but I realised that may not be the best idea after what happened. I fell asleep, worrying about Anakin and I awoke the next morning.

I walked onto the balcony to find Anakin was there meditating. I began to walk away when I was stopped by Anakins voice. "Don't go." He pleaded, I turned to him, "I don't want to disturb you." I spoke and he breathed out. "Your presence is soothing." He stated and I looked down, "you had another nightmare didn't you." I said softly. "I don't have nightmares." He returned and I looked at him, "Ani, I heard you," I commented. "I saw my mother. As clear as day, as I see you. She's in pain. I know I'm disobeying my mandate to protect the senator, but I need to help her." He explained turning to face me, he was worried and upset I could feel it, Padme emerged from her room, she was listening to the conversation. "We'll go with you." She announced and Anakin looked at her. "I'm sorry, I don't have a choice." He apologised and padme walked over engulfing him in a hug.

After Anakin alerted us of his mother we all got dressed and took a ship to go in search for his mother. We landed on tatooine, Anakin turned to me as we waited for a vehicle to take us to Watto's place."Y/n, I'm scared for my mother and what may happen to her." He stated and I looked at him and hugged him. "We'll find her, Anakin I promise." I promised him with a reasuring smile. A carridge arrived and we all boarded it.

Watto's place was insight and I told the droid to stop. "Tut tut Watto." Anakin greeted and Watto looked at Anakin, not knowing who it was. "Let me help you with that." Anakin spoke in Huttese. "What? What do you want?" Watto questioned and I looked at him with a stern look. Anakin began to fix a fix it droid. "Wait your a jedi! Whatever it is... I didn't do it." Watto stated becoming afraid. "We're looking for Shmi Skywalker." I stated and he looked at Ani and realised. "Ani? Little Ani?" He questioned as Anakin put down the fixed droid. "You are ani! It is you! You sure sprouted, huh? A jedi? What do you know. Hey.... maybe you could help me with some deadbeats who owe me alot of money." He suggested and Ani became quite infuriated that Watto avoided my statement. "My mother." Anakin stated and I looked at him. "Oh, yeah. Shmi. She's not mine-a no more-a I sold her" watto returned and I looked at him, "You sold her?" I asked and he nodded. "Years ago. Sorry ani but you know, buisness is buisness." He answered chuckling nervously, "yeah I sold her to a moisture farmer named, uh, Lars. At least I think it was Lars. Believe it or not, I heard he freed her and married her! Can you beat that Hey?" He added trying to get himself out of any anger Anakin would be facing.

"Do you know where they are now?" Anakin questioned and Watto scratched his chin. "Ooh... long way from here. Some place over on the other side of mos Eisley, I think... mm." He answered and I looked at him, I knew what he was doing, he wanted money, he wanted money the last time I saw him too. "I'd like to know." Anakin stated becoming furious I moved my cloak out of the way to reveal my lightsaber, showing Watto I would use it, I put my hand on it and Watto became nervous. "Uh, yeah sure... let's go look at my records, huh?" He returned and he guided us to his file cabinet he held out a file and i snatched it from his hands, giving it to Ani.

We took the carriage back to the ship and flew to the other side of the world to find a farm. The ship landed and we all walked off R2 tried to follow but padme ordered him to stay behind. We approached the farm to be met by a droid. "Oh! Um, hello. How might I be of service? I am C-" the droid began to greet but Ani finished his sentence, "3PO." "Oh, um--  The maker! Oh, master Ani! I knew you would return. I knew it! And miss Padme. Oh, my. And padawan learner Y/n." He spoke and I smiled. "As of now I'm not a padawan learner, I'm a Jedi knight. It's good to see you again 3PO." I explained and he looked at me. "Well done Y/n." He congratulated me and then looked at all of us. "Bless my circuits! I am so pleased to see you all." He stated overwhelmed. "I've come to see my mother." Anakin informed him. "Oh, Um, I think perhaps we'd better go indoors." 3PO returned there was a slight change in his tone, a sympathetic tone.

We walked towards the underground house and C3PO told us to stay in a room while he went to fetch his new owners, he came back moments later with a young man. "Master Owen, may I present two most important visitors." C3PO announced. "I'm Anakin Skywalker." Anakin introduced himself, a girl walked over quite confused. "I'm Owen Lars. Uh, this is my girlfriend, Beru." Owen returned gesturing at the girl who walked beside him. "Hello" she greeted. "I'm y/n Jinn." I introduced myself and I saw Ankain and padme smiling at me. "I'm padme." Padme spoke. "I guess I'm your stepbrother. I had a feeling you might show up someday." Owen stated and Anakin looked around. "Is my mother here?" Anakin questioned and Owen looked down. "No, shes not." A man returned I looked in the direction of the voice to see a man in a wheelchair. "Cliegg Lars. Shmi is my wife." He introduced himself holding out his hand to shake, ani took it and they shook hands. "We should go inside. We have a lot to talk about." Cliegg stated and we folloermf him to a room.

Beru made drinks while Cliegg explained everything. "It was just before dawn. They came out of nowhere. A hunting party of Tusken raiders. Your mother had gone out early, like she always did, to pick mushrooms that grow on the vaporators. From the tracks, she was about halfway home...when they took her. Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious mindless monsters. Thirty of us went out after her. Four of us came back. I'd be out there with them, but after I lost my leg, I just couldn't ride anymore un-until I heal. I don't want to give up on her, but shes been gone a month. There's little hope she's lasted this long." Through the explanation I took ani's hand under the table as I sensed he was becoming more upset.

Anakin got up, dropping my hand. "Where are you going?" Owen asked and Anakin looked at him. "To find my mother." Anakin answered and Cliegg looked at him. "Your mother's dead son. Accept it." I looked at Anakin as he walked out of the house. I decided to give him a few minutes before I decided to go check on him. Padme got up before me and left to see if he was okay, leaving me with these people.

"So you're a jedi knight?" Owen asked and I nodded drinking the juice that Beru made. "This is amazing Beru." I commented and she smiled, "thank you." She responded. Padme returned to the room. "Anakin?" I asked and she shook her head, "He went to go find her." Padme stated and I looked at her and I became worried about Anakin and what may happen to him.