𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎

It was Antonio's fifth birthday and also the night of his gift ceremony. Everyone was proud and happy about his gift as they celebrated. Mirabel watched as her family all gathered around to take a family picture. The feeling she felt as she watched them. No one had noticed her leaving. Not even her parents or even Antonio.

Despite her name, she didn't feel like a Madrigal. Her lack of gift made her feel outcasted from the rest of her family. Antonio's ceremony brought back memories of how she didn't get a gift.Mirabel looked around Casita as she began to head to her room if you could call it that. Her room was just the nursery the children stayed in till they got their gift along with their rooms. Since she never got hers she stayed in the nursery.

She began to pack her things preparing to leave Encanto. Casita attempted to stop the girl in however way possible by moving clothes, tiles, closing the door, even desperately attempting to get the other Madrigals. Unfortunately, nothing was working, as Mirable finished writing the letter to her family for when they realized she was gone if they ever notice. She placed it on the kitchen counter. "Please make sure they get this," she said to Casita.

She began to leave as Casita once again tried to keep Mirabel there using its magic. Unknown to anyone the candle was dimming.

Back in Antonio's room, he was looking around for his prima. Another pair of eyes watched as Mirabal reached for the door about to leave contemplating if they should stop the girl.Casita decided enough was enough and used as much magic it could. Just as Mirabel touched the handle a flash appeared.

The Madrigals all found themselves in a new room. Everyone looked around in confusion and shock remaining silent wondering where they were. Throughout the silence, Mirabel noticed the letter in her hand hiding it before anyone could notice.

The silence remained a bit longer until Camillo spoke up and asked "Where are we?" many were equally confused as to where they were. Some began to panic while others tried to comfort them.

Deloras sat with her little brother Antonio trying to keep him calm. Felix doing the same for Pepa, while Luisa seemed to be on the verge of tears. The rest looked calm enough and tried looking for exists or find out why they were there.

Mirabel looked at her family then noticed a figure in the corner of the room. She was about to question who it was until someone else answered her question.

"Brunito! Is that you?" Mirabel heard her tia Pepa yell before she along with Mirabel's mother Julieta ran up to him engulfing the man into a hug. They quickly began asking him questions.

Meanwhile, Antonio appeared beside Mirabel hugging her. "Where were you? I was looking everywhere for you and I couldn't find you." Antonio said with a dejected look on his face

Mirabel was thinking of an excuse until Abuela spoke up "Why are we here? We are supposed to be celebrating Antonio's gift!"

Instead of a verbal response chairs pulled up forcing everyone to sit on them as they moved to face the tv on the wall.

"I think we're meant to watch, maybe Casita is trying to show us something?" Camillo said

The cabinets moved in a clapping motion in a way to show Camilo was right.

A small message showed up on the tv that wrote "You are here to understand the consequences of what happens when you don't listen or pay attention to one another."

"What consequences? We already do a fine job listening and paying attention to each other." Abuela started feeling insulted that one would think of her family as less than perfect. There were nods of agreement followed by the majority of the family except a few that nobody noticed.

The tv started and a familiar toon started playing.

"Oh no.."