[chapter 1 field trip]

"Mom I'm off to school I'll be a little late home remember I'm going on a field trip today!" I shouted loudly to my mom who was in the kitchen.

"I know have a good time I put your lunch in your bag!" My mom shouted back with a laugh.

"Okay thanks I will bye!" I ran out the door slamming it and running to school.

Ding ding

Just in time for the bell I thought

I sat at my desk near the window im such a main character but with the most boring life ever.

"Hey (y/n)!" My friend Haru who sat next to me shouted. Haru was a pretty cool guy he had blue eyes and brown hair his skin was pretty tan. We've been friends since grade school.

"Yea what is it?" I smiled turning to look at him.

"Wanna sit together on the bus?" He asked with a goofy smile.

"Who else am I gonna sit with?" I replied laughing.

"Okay good so plan is we are gonna get on bus 3 cus they got lots of hot babes on that bus!" He said with a cheeky blush on his cheeks.

"Is that all you think of!" I said playfully hitting the back of his head.

"What else am I supposed to think about? School?" He said rubbing the back of his head with a large smile.

"Okay class hurry in a line and get to the buses or stay here and do this packet I have as an alternative assignment." The teacher said tiredly he was a man in his 40s.

(Time skip on the bus)

"Yo bro look at that one she's so pretty!" He whispered to me nudging me to look behind our seats.

"Leave the girls alone they don't want to date a womanizer like you~" I teased laughing quietly.

"Hey ladies wanna hang with me and my buddy when we get to the museum~" Haru said trying to sound seductive but only making the girls laugh and giggle. He turned back slumping and crossing his arms pouting.

"Oh well there's always next time!" I told him trying to cheer him up. The bus came to a stop and we both turned to look at the giant museum. History of Japan that's what it was called eh museums were cool and all but we have to be here all day. We got off and after a bit of the teacher and tour guide showing us around Haru ditched me for another school that had some girls he liked.

"And here we have the Taisho Era this was a turning point in Japan. The Edo period was when Samurai were most common but there was a special corps in the Taisho Era that took care of another group called demons they were cannibals who went around killing citizens in the night. The corps were called the demon slayer corps and they took up swords with a special ore significant to them!" The tour guide said pointing at the exhibit with swords with different color blades there were mannequins with haori's one had a white cape with red and yellow flames in it. Another Haori was half red and half yellow and green with square patterns and one with butterfly patterns in it with a broken butterfly hair pins there were a green and pink pin and another light blue one with purple. I examined it something about it drew me in.

The voice's of the group had faded and I stared examining all the artifacts in the glass case. There was a bamboo muzzle attached to a wall covered with three fox masks and a boar head. I walked closer. Something about what the lady said was off I'm not sure why but the information didn't sit right with me. I know a bit about this stuff because my family came from a line of slayers the doctors even said genetically from my dads side our lungs were stronger. He's dead and it's only my mom and grandpa my grandpa is my dads dad he lives with us cus he's sick. Behind the house there is an old Dojo I've never been inside cause Grandpa said it has deadly fungus.

"Buddy! What you standing here for we got lunch to eat!" Haru said dragging me to where the rest of the class was I turned my head one more time to look at the artifacts with a smile.