Eight

Kailyn POV

I walked alongside Kai to the group. "Done?" Ray asked as I nodded at him. He gazed at Kai and then at me, raising his eyebrow. I shook my head and turned to Hilary who had a teasy expression on her face. She wrapped her arms around my shoulder and we walked back home.

"Splitting the bill and all?" Hilary said, teasly. "Hilary, what's with that tone? Splitting the bill means absolutely nothing. Nope,not going to hear it" I shook my head when I saw her opening her mouth to say something. Hilary laughed, pulling me into a side hug. I couldn't help but smile at her kindness.

"Wanna exchange spots with Hilary Kai?" I heard Ray tease as the group bust out laughing. Hilary stopped and turned, joining into their laughter. I shook my head and buried my head into Hilary's shoulder, trying to show my annoyance.

"Are you blushing!" Max exclaimed, pointing his finger at me. I looked up and glared at him. Before I could attack him(like literally) Hilary pulled me back. "Do I look like it?" I gritted my teeth to which he laughed.

I flickered my eyes at Kai to see him looking away. I wouldn't know if he is blushing but I hope he does...what I am thinking?

"Let's go." I announced, turning and walking forward. "Why don't we lay down here? It's a pretty scene" Hilary suggested, looking up at the sky. We had arrived to the place where we were practicing earlier. Tyson nodded and we made our way to lay back on the grass. The soft sound of water buzzed into our ears as the soft grass provided us comfort.

I sat cross-legged and looked up at the stary night. I felt presence beside me, making me look sideways. Ray looked at me with questions in his eyes.

"Don't tell me even you think that spitting a bill means something" I said in a 'done' tone. "I don't." Ray shook his head, making me sigh. "Have you told him?" He asked, slightly turning his gaze at Kai. I shook my head and buried my face into my hands. Feelings and all are tough.

"When are you going to?" Ray questioned,not willing to leave the topic. I shrugged my shoulders and looked up, letting the cool air hit my face. "When then?" He asked. "You seem a bit too serious about me and him" I commented, looking up at him.

"You two are inbarablely ignorant to your feelings. I mean you told someone about yourself but you aren't telling it to the person you are supposed to. I am 160 percent sure Kai keeps it all in himself,he barely talks to anyone."

"What if he doesn't like me back?If I confess and he rejects,it will be all awkward. Anyways, even if he likes me he would just reject" I pouted. "Why would he?" Ray asked. "Because....." I trailed off. "Because?"

I shrugged and shook my head harshly.

"This is getting us no where"

"Who else knows?" Ray asked as I gazed at Hilary. Ray nodded at my direction and looked at the night sky. "You should confess soon" Ray uttered. I groaned, inaudibly. Why was he pushing me so much?

"Are you okay Ray? You have been on my tail, trying to convince me to tell Kai about this" I brought my knees closer and rested my cheek on my knees, looking at Ray.

"Don't get me wrong Kailyn. I care about you a lot and stuff. But I have seen Kai,the small amount of emotion his eyes show when he talks to you or anything. We have spent a good amount of time to figure out Kai is not someone who likes emotions. He keeps to himself and after the whole demolition boys situation,he has soften up but is still keeping to himself. I have seen him trying to open up to you. I will be honest,I just want him to have someone. His family isn't by his side at the moment and he is all alone." Ray sighed.

"He has us,he has the six of us. He doesn't need me alone" I shook my head. "Yeah but he will have someone to love-"

"He doesn't love us?" I raised my eyebrow. "Silent and tough love. He needs to show expressive love and that can be you" Ray looked over with a twinkle in his eyes. I smiled and nodded, looking at the night sky.

After a few minutes,I heard Ray giggle. I looked over and asked him what it was. "Kai is head over heels for you" He laughed,a bit too loud this time. "The jealousy is, surprisingly, a bit too clear on his face" Ray couldn't stop laughing.

"What's up with you two?" Kenny asked, peaking over. "Ray has gone absolutely crazy. Someone help him" I mumbled, standing up and passing a glare at Ray.

"Let's go,we will catch a bad cold if we stay out any longer and we have practice tomorrow" I ordered. I heard low groans but eventually all of them stood up and started to resume the journey back home. Ray whistled and walked beside me,a smirk playing on his lips.

"Ray,you are so weird" I insulted, shaking my head and stuffing my hands into my pockets. Ray looked at my direction and started laughing. "It's so funny seeing Kai like this"

"Ray,we should focus on the danger that awaits us not you trying to be a matchmaker." I shook my head dissapointedly. "We always will have danger surrounding us, doesn't mean anything" Ray defended.

"One more word and you die" I clicked my tongue and childishly gestured out 'I will kill you'. Ray joined his palms and bowed his head. I felt arms around my shoulder,to see Tyson looking at the both of us.

"This isn't the lovey-dovey banter. What's up?" He looked at the both of us. "What are you?A love guru?" Ray asked.

"No but you two are kind of obvious" Tyson trailed off. "What is obvious?" I turned my head at Tyson, raising my eyebrow. "Well,in love?" Tyson guessed, stupidly.

Ray shoved Tyson away, pushing me in the process. "Ask her. Who she is in love with" Ray shrugged, walking away. I raised my fist and tried to run over to him but Tyson held me back,with questions in his eyes.

"What does he mean?" Tyson asked, carefully. "Don't worry,I am not in love with you" I tried to shake it off. Tyson gave me a pointed look and mumbled 'we will definitely have a talk once we reach home'.

I groaned, glaring at Ray's back and running to hit him.

I just know,I won't get to sleep tonight and my secret crush on the captain might not remain a secret anymore.

.
.
.
.
.