𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐲 | daminette

request: Hi, I was wondering if you could make a Daminette betrothed one shot in which; they get reunited at the tour. Adrien, Alya, Lila and Class salt please. Could you also include the MPS (Chloe, Kagami and Luka) please.

― 12 YEAR-OLD Marinette shifted uncomfortably on her feet as Sabine Cheng, her caretaker, applied the remnants of the makeup she was required to wear.

Barely even reacting to the eyeliner being put under her eyes, Marinette asked the closest thing she had to a mother-figure, "Why are Dami and I getting betrothed?"

Sabine looked at the child before her with an indulgent flicker of her lips as she readied the girl. "You, my girl, are a curious child, aren't you?"

Marinette furrowed her brows, still not moving. "You didn't answer the question."

Chuckling, Sabine shook her head. This girl was too perceptive for her own good.

Before she could reply, however, an icy voice joined their conversation. Tahlia Al-Ghul emerged from the shadows. "Perhaps, it is because she does not wish to answer the question, Marinette."

Said girl fell silent, not wishing to anger her future husband's unforgiving, merciless mother, no matter how much she wished to retort.

It was her future they were deciding, did she not have a right to inquire about it?

Nevertheless, Marinette did not ask anymore questions as Sabine finished doing her makeup, instead, opting to ask them to her best friend and soon-to-be-betrothed, Damian.

»»————-  ————-««

Looking at the girl reflected in the mirror, Marinette had to admit that she was pretty.

A pure-silk dress engulfed Marinette, the main colour being black, a symbolization of where the League of Assassins could be found.

Marinette didn't know how they found her; no one ever bothered to tell her, but she did know that wherever she came from, "magical jewellery" was involved.

That was the only concrete piece of information her and Damian's intel had bore, along with some other terms that were vaguely mentioned; such as guardians and miraculous.

And it was due to this reason that Marinette didn't believe that her betrothal to Damian was happening because "she was one of the organisation's most valuable and strongest members."

If she had learnt one thing from her life at the League of the Assassins, it was that everything - and she means everything - had an ulterior motive.

Nothing was done "accidentally" or "coincidentally." Everything had a purpose, each move was noted down quickly, stealthily and most importantly, correctly.

Marinette was snapped out of her thoughts when Sabine pulled the door open and gestured towards it.

For the first time that night, Marinette felt the initial hints of trepidation.

She had no idea what she was getting into and yet she was doing it anyway?

»»————-  ————-««

Sabine's usually blank face softened when she saw Marinette freeze fearfully.

A sudden maternal instinct erupted within herself and she found herself gently holding Marinette's shoulders as she knelt to her height.

"Marinette," she said softly. "Look at me."

It took her a few seconds to focus on Sabine's face, but when she did, the woman smiled.