Chapter 7

I threw the two fish I caught straight into the wet sand.

Then I picked up the small fish again, ground them with a stone, and threw them into the sea. This time I was going to catch a bigger fish.

I held my breath while holding the harpoon. Then, as a fish the size of a forearm could be seen on the water, I quickly threw the harpoon in that direction.

I think I caught it this time……!

I ran and checked with high expectations. And at the end of the harpoon, I found a fish caught, and screamed, “Crazy! I’m so amazing!”

Excitedly, I turned my back, and Enoch, who was looking at me with a puzzled face, met my eyes. He must have been watching me the whole time I was catching fish.

He had eyes that couldn’t believe what he had seen.

I was embarrassed and hardened. I thought you’d be busy with the fire, but why are you looking this way?

I looked down at the harpoon in my hand for a moment. At the end of the harpoon, there were two fish the size of a forearm.

“Ah……”

Even thinking about it, it was not common for a young lady of a duke family to catch a fish by throwing a harpoon.

“Hm……”

Enoch continued to light the fire without asking me. This is because we had to finish our meal before sunset.

The smell of baking something at night is not good because it can be targeted by wild animals.

First, I cut the gills and tails of the fish I caught to remove blood, and then washed them in seawater.

After catching a fish, the blood had to be drained as quickly as possible. Otherwise, it could quickly smell bad.

I found a flat stone and sat down next to Enoch.

Sponsored Content

At the same time, Enoch also succeeded in lighting a fire. He gathered the branches and made the fire big, and he looked at me.

“What are you trying to do?”

At the same time, I was putting fish on a stone slab.

“Cutting the fish.”

I used a sharp twig as a knife to peel off the scales of the fish.

Enoch, who saw that, looked at me with a face that he didn’t know which one to ask first because he had so many questions he wanted to ask.

Ignoring Enoch’s gaze, I cut off the belly of the fish and removed its internal organs.

……anyone who likes fishing can do this.

“Maybe there is poison in the fish……”

At Enoch’s words, I smiled and shook my head while I was handling the fish.

“Rest assured that there is no poison. If cooked properly, the parasites will also be eradicated, so it is okay.”

Of course, it was also safe because I knew how to distinguish between poisonous fish to some extent.