Sleepover

You walked through the colourful Encanto watching people's routines. It seemed that after Casita had been rebuilt everyone returned to their usual routine. The air was fresh and the scent of flowers was everywhere, even if you couldn't see Isabela.

When you turned around the corner a ball landed at your feet.

"Y/N!" A voice called out a few meters ahead. Shifting your gaze in its direction you beamed watching a boy in a yellow ruana run towards you. He grinned. "I thought you were busy today?" He asked kicking the ball to a group of kids telling them to play alone for a bit.

"Well," you said getting Camilo's attention once more, "I thought so too, but the chores ended up being quite easy so I'm free for the rest of the day!" Camilo smiled with bright eyes.

"Hell yeah! Now you can help me with my chores," he said with a smug grin. You chuckled shaking your head.

"Alright. But I wanted to ask you something first." You gripped his hand with a smile. Camilo tensed because of the sudden touch shifting his eyes to the side. You took your hands away mumbling a soft 'sorry'.

"Nah, it's fine. You should do that more often, hermosa/o," he chuckled. "What did you want to ask me?"

"Um, well, my parents won't be home tonight and you know how overprotective they can be. Could we do a sleepover?" Camilo grinned, his cheeks getting a little red.

"Yeah, sure! In Casita or at your place?" He asked.

"Well, I have a king-sized bed so nobody would need to sleep on a mattress. Unless, of course, if you're uncomfortable with that cause we could always just stay at your house..." You started rambling with a red face. Camilo only shushed you laughing. He had such a nice laugh.

"Nah, it's fine. It'd be nice not to listen to everyone snoring for once," he answered. One of the kids impatiently called out to him from the field. He sighed, obviously a little tired already. The circles under his eyes were a bit unusual, though. "I'll be there around nine." He waved goodbye and went back to the game.

***

You finished cleaning up your room. Your parents said they'll be at home around the afternoon the next day so you and Camilo could stay up as long as you wanted to. You giggled to yourself thinking about his smile, the way he looked at you with such warmth.

The doorbell rang.

You rushed to open the front door glancing at the clock on your way there. 9:23 pm. It seemed you didn't notice the whole day passing by.

Opening the door there stood Camilo with wet hair, a bag, and a big grin.

"Hola, hermosa/o," he smirked walking past you. "What were you doing?"

"Cleaning my bedroom, thinking about you," you laughed. He looked away with a smile. "Why's your hair wet?"

"Took a shower early," he shrugged. "I didn't want to occupy the bathroom for too long."

"Alright..." you closed the door. Camilo went to your room already and unpacked his things. "Maybe I'll go take a shower while you prepare... whatever you have there?" He gave you a thumbs up and you grabbed your pyjamas turning to the bathroom.

***

You walked up to your bedroom door.

"Are you changing?" You shouted through it.

"Yes, wanna see?" He answered making you chuckle. He opened the door after about a minute wearing a grey, cotton shirt with matching trousers. His normal clothes were draped over the chair with his ruana on top.

"You look strange not wearing yellow," you laughed. He rolled his eyes and sat on the edge of your bed. You followed. "Not bad, just strange," you explained earning a smile from him.

"What do you want to do?" He asked receiving a shrug. He sighed leaning his head against your shoulder. You looked away feeling your cheeks getting hotter. He hummed softly. "I mean we don't have to do anything tiring..."

"Maybe we could play truth or dare?" You suggested. His head shot up as he gazed at you with a smile.

"Good idea!"

***

After a while of playing, you decided to fetch snacks. The clock showed eleven pm when you got back.

"I think we should go to sleep," you yawed, "I'm a bit tired."

"Alright. But first," Camilo said, reaching for some food, "I have one last question for you."

"Go ahead," you answered. He took a bite out of an arepa slowly as if thinking about what to say. When he finished you saw a bit of worry in his eyes when he looked into yours.

"Do you have a crush?" He asked. You stared at him for a moment when you felt your cheeks getting hotter. Turning away you mumbled 'maybe'. Camilo leaned in closer trying to make eye contact with you. "Can you repeat that? I don't think I heard you." You glanced at him, your faces were centimetres apart. Your breath sped up when you looked into his eyes.

"I do..." you whispered. Camilo grinned.

"Well," he giggled, "that's interesting. Mind telling me more?" He raised his eyebrows. You inhaled before swiftly standing up. Camilo's hand slipped and he landed face-first into the duvet. 

"I answered one question, now let's go to sleep." You fidgeted with your fingers walking around the room to blow out the candles. 

"Fine..." Camilo groaned into the mattress and got under the sheets. When only one candle, the one on the nightstand, was left you joined the boy in bed. Then the flame went out and you laid in silence. The wind was audible from the open window.

"I think," Camilo broke the silence, "this is the first time we're having a sleepover here." He turned to the side looking at you.

"I guess so," you smiled also turning towards him. You admired the sparkles shining in his tired eyes. "You seem oddly sleep-deprived," you whispered. He chuckled.

"I couldn't find my favourite pillow for the last few days," he sighed. "And I've been having a lot of nightmares recently." He looked away like he was trying to find the right words to describe it. You moved, allowing your hand to cup his cheek. His breath hitched.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. If you do, I'm here to listen, but if you don't then don't pressure yourself," you spoke softly. He smiled weakly pulling you into a hug with a quiet 'thank you'. You embraced him patting his back and playing with his hair. Camilo let out a few shaky breaths into the crook of your neck before pulling away with a smile.

"I'm so glad you're here for me," he let out a chuckle.

"Of course, I'm here for you! How could I not be? We're..." Your voice turned into a whisper as if you forgot your train of thought. Somehow you couldn't call your relationship a pure friendship. Camilo grinned pulling you closer. It might've been your imagination, but his cheeks seemed redder than usual, even in the darkness of your room. He placed a hand on your cheek kissing you softly like you were made out of porcelain and could shatter under his touch. You wrapped your arms around him, smiling into the kiss.

After a moment you pulled away. Camilo pecked you on the forehead before pulling you into his chest. A minute had passed and you nudged the boy.

"Camilo?"

"Hm?" He hummed.

"You're the person I have a crush on," you chuckled receiving a giggle and another forehead kiss as a response.

"I know, hermosa/o."

_______________________________________________

Idk if I made any spelling or grammar mistakes but I'll check that tomorrow cause it's like 1 am and I'm tired.

Hope you liked it!

Word count: 1322