one

╔═══════════════════╗
14 years ago.
╚═══════════════════╝

"This is all your fault," Heeseung complained. His chest was fumed with anger as he raised his hands. The sore feeling started creeping up his arms and he groaned in pain.

Areum scoffed and gave him a death stare. She was kneeling next to him. Her hands were raised too. She blew a few strands of her hair away since it was covering her face.

"If you didn't accuse me of copying your homework, none of these would've happened. You just said that because you didn't want me to get full marks," she argued back.

"Lee Heeseung! Jung Areum! Be quiet or I'll have you both clean the toilets for the rest of the weekend," the math teacher, Mr Oh shouted from the classroom.

The two said students frowned and raised their hands high, earning confused looks from other students and teachers that walked past them in the hallway.

"My arms are sore," he whined to himself. She heard his whine and scoffed, "Well too bad, mister. Look what you brought us into."

"Come in. Both of you," the teacher instructed with the stern in his voice. They both entered the classroom and saw the angry look in the teacher's eyes.

Heeseung and Areum lowered their heads and kept their eyes on the floor, afraid to mutter any words.

"Until when are you going to fight against each other? You both are in your senior year now and you're setting a bad example for your juniors."

"I'm sorry, Mr Oh," they both said in unison. Their voices were filled with guilt and embarrassment since some teachers and students were sneaking a look from the doorway.

"Go sit," Mr Oh ordered before glaring at the doorway. He hit his cane on the whiteboard, "Go back to class!"

The students and teachers looked away and escaped from the class immediately. Mr Oh was known as the scariest teacher in their school.

Even the other teachers feared him. Mr Oh sighed and glanced at Heeseung and Areum who were sitting next to each other in their seats.

"You both will be punished. You'll sweep the dried leaves at the field during lunch break."

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Lunch break was hell for Heeseung and Areum. They both made sure to stay away from each other. Areum swept the dried leaves near the benches carefully since it was wet due to the rain.

She wiped her sweat with a small towel and slowly moved away from the benches until her foot accidentally kicked one of the benches.

She fell and hid her face due to embarrassment. Heeseung cupped his mouth before laughing too hard.

"Shut up," she snapped and rolled her eyes. Tired of him laughing at her, Areum pushed the dried leaves he just swept with her broom. They both watched as the leaves flew around the ground.

"Yah!" He yelled as he felt anger rising in his chest. "Why?!" She gave him a death stare as she tightened her grip around her broom.

"Calm down," a male student approached with two flavoured kinds of milk in his hands. Areum rolled her eyes at the student, "What are you doing here, Beomgyu?"

"Shouldn't you be in class?" Heeseung frowned at his best friend. Beomgyu scoffed, "Yah, you should thank me for coming here. You must've not eaten yet," he said before giving Heeseung a box of chocolate milk.

Areum gulped down her saliva as she felt thirsty. She envied Heeseung as she watched him drink the milk in one go. Beomgyu noticed, "I got you banana milk. I heard it's your favourite," he said before giving her the last box of milk.

She gave him a soft smile before holding it. She was about to drink the milk until a hand snatched it. Her horrified eyes stared at Heeseung as he gulped down the milk.

Beomgyu looked at his friend in disbelief before backing away from him. He knew Areum was going to kick Heeseung's ass so he thought he shouldn't get involved with it.

"Yah!" She shouted angrily as she hit Heeseung with her broom. The said man groaned painfully before running away to save himself.

"I am thirsty, you idiot! Give me back my drink, you bastard!" She chased him around the field, swinging the broom to hit him with it.