47. Tears

It's been more than an hour since Manik left and Nandini sat at the same place hoping that he would text that he has reached.

Her heartbeat increased by each second when the message didn't come and she gulped her fear and dialed him. Her calls went unanswered as she kept calling him while shedding tears.

There was an unsettling feeling in her heart as Manik never forgets to drop her a text that he has reached, whatever may be the situation. She waited for some time but kept calling him. Her fear increased when it's been 2 hours and her hands shivered thinking of the worst possibilities.

Right from their first dinner meet, he always dropped a text that he is safe and now when he is not even answering her calls sent a shiver down her spine.

With shivering hands, she dialed Cabir number as only he can help her.

As soon as she heard Cabir's voice, she broke down into tears again but kept mumbling "Bhai...Bhai..."

Cabir panicked hearing her cries and asked "Little one...What happened...??"

Upon getting no answer, he took his car keys and asked "Where are you...??"

"Gh...Ghar pe..." Was all she could say and he drove to her place in no time.

As the door was unlocked, he opened to see Nandini sitting on the floor while dialing someone.

"Little one..." He called out and she hugged him tightly saying "Bhai...Wo...He..."

"Shhh shhh relax...Calm down bacha..." He said wiping her tears and cleared her face and made her sit on the couch. He got her some water and made her drink and once he found her sobbing and not crying, he asked "What happened...??"

She broke into sobs and said "He...He is not...picking...calls..."

"Manik...??" Cabir asked and she nodded her head. He calmed himself down and asked "Did you guys fight...??"

She kept silent and he understood that they might have argued on something.

"What...Whatever it is...he will text me...But...it's been 2 hours...I'm...scared bhai...Please...please kuch kijiye..." She pleaded and he said "Relax...He might be driving..."

She nodded in no and pleaded "Bhai...Bhai please take me to the villa...Please..."

"Ok ok...Stop crying first..." He said and tried calling Manik but even his calls were unanswered. He cursed under his breath and looked at Nandini who was wiping her tears.

"Come...Let's go..." He said and she quickly placed a scarf around her shoulders and rushed behind him.

"Relax bacha...Nothing will happen to him..." Cabir tried to calm her while driving after seeing her fidgeting with her fingers and kept on checking her mobile for his one text.

"What actually happened...?? If I may ask..." Cabir asked so that he can have a vague idea of Manik's anger.

"He...found out..." She said slowly and he asked "About your fracture...??"

She nodded in yes making Cabir sigh and she continued "He was angry that I lied and unknowingly I spat some words which he misunderstood..."

Cabir groaned knowing Manik's anger and drove to his place. Both of them breathed in relief after seeing Manik's car in the parking and rushed towards the main door.

Cabir rang the doorbell continuously while Nandini kept wiping the fresh tears amidst lot of emotions in her heart. She just wanted to see him safe and sound at that moment.

Manik groaned in frustration because of the continuous doorbell and opened the door cursing the person. His words stopped when he saw Cabir and Nandini and he closed his eyes to calm himself.

Nandini just stared at him for a moment with her teary eyes and then sat down on the floor resting her back to the wall. She kept her hand on her heart and thanked all the gods that she prayed for his well-being all the time. Cabir was enraged seeing her and she snapped her eyes to the sound of slap.

"Idiot...Do you even know what you are doing...?? Do you know what was her condition when you didn't pick our calls...??" Cabir shouted at him as Manik gritted his teeth holding his cheek.

As Cabir raised his hand again, Nandini rushed in between them to stop him.

"Bhai Bhai please..." She stopped Cabir holding his hand and Cabir moved away.

"I already told you this idiot will be fine...but you didn't listen...See how he is standing like a mango tree..." Cabir scolded both of them and Manik turned his face to other side.

"Dekh uski taraf...Just look at her once...What condition she has made of herself by crying continuously...Can't you just drop a message like you always does...?? Do you have any idea what she has gone through thinking about you...??" Cabir asked holding Nandini's hand.

Manik looked at them in anger and said "I'm living alone from past 6 years...I'm driving from the time I have turned 18...I have managed to be alone and I can manage alone..."

He stressed each and every word of his last sentence looking right into her eyes while she looked at him with tears. Cabir understood the tension growing between them and cleared his throat making them break the not so lovely eye contact.

"That's...that's fine Manik...But we were worried...Fine...I'll leave now...Little one...Relax now..." He said keeping his hand on her head and she nodded with a fake smile with tears and Cabir looked at Manik and mouthed "Stay calm"

Once Cabir left closing the door behind him, Manik moved upstairs to his room without looking at her.

Ignore mistakes...