Chapter 10

Lucius carefully held his wife as she sobbed.
He so deeply regretted not putting a silencing charm on the door. Now his own stupidity had caused his precious little girl to cry her heart out.

He gently held her and calmly stroked her hair. At first she flinched away from him but after a while she clung onto him like he was the only thing keeping her from falling down.
He gently rocked his little girl as she cried.
After a few minutes her sobs became more quiet. He still held her firm love in his arms.
" Everything is alright darling" he gently told her.
" You're safe" he continued as he held her close.

" Why were those men here?" Y/n managed to ask after a while

" You're too little to understand this sweetheart" Lucius said gently.

" Is Bella going to die?" Y/n asked holding back a sob.
" No sweetheart" he said, knowing how much she cared about her sister.
Before she could protest he put her face against his chest and took her in his arms.
He decided that sitting on the floor would do his little darling no good.
He carried her back to their bedroom and tucked her in the bed.
He kissed her forehead and stroked her arms in order to comfort the crying girl.

He looked at the clock and noticed that it was almost 6 'o clock by now.

" Are you hungry sweetheart?" He asked her.

Y/n managed to nod her head.

" I'll have the elf's bring us dinner in bed. Does that sound alright?" He asked her.
Y/n nodded. She didn't trust herself to speak since she knew that her voice would probably break.

Lucius than got in the bed beside her and gently took her in his arms.
Lucius gently stroked her arms as they ate.
Y/n still felt a bit shaky but his comforting touches certainly helped her feel more secure.

" Why where those men here?" Y/n once again asked.
" It will be best if you don't ask too many questions" Lucius stated. " I'm doing this for the greater good" he explained.
" However, some of the thing we do are very dangerous so therefore I want you to keep out of it"

Lucius couldn't stand the thought of seeing y/n hurt.

despite lucius comforting words Y/N couldnt forget about it. She grew more and more sleepy as she ate her dinner. Just after she finished, she fell asleep.

Lucius gently stroked her hair but he had a worried expression on his face. He looked at the woman in his arms with stonecold eyes.

He hadn't expected to care for her as much as he did.  After a few minutes he got up from the bed and got his wand.

He gently stroked his sleeping wifes cheek before he obliviated any memory she had of tonight.

It was better this way, he thought to himself. She would be better off if she forgot the converstion that she had overheard.

He did this for her.

___________________________________

Y/n woke up with an intense headache. Her eyelids felt heavy but the warmth of the man holding her was comforting.

She felt a pair of warm lips press against her. She leaned into the kiss and gratefully accepted her husband loving touches.

She still had a pounding headache but his kisses seemed to lessen her pain.