27. The Past That Stings

"It was hell, DK, it wasn't home," your calm tone barely masks the anger underneath.

"This is your problem, Y/N. You were always so emotional. Starting out is hard -"

"I think we've heard enough of your opinion, Mr. DK," Monica enters the room. You breathe a sigh of relief. DK looks like he's swallowed a spoonful of dog poop. Monica drops her purse on the table and faces the party coldly.

"You are in considerable debt. I'd suggest you seriously consider the offer we made you earlier,"

"The songs are, by themselves, enough to keep me afloat for years, Miss Monica," he replied coolly, "what makes you think I'll give up the goose for a few golden eggs?"

"Because your goose is about to die anyway,"

"What is that supposed to mean?" he laughs but you detect the nervous undertone in his voice.

Monica smirks but doesn't answer. She turns to your mother, "Ma'am, all I ask from you is patience. You've done a brilliant job running Prakriti so far. Please wait a little more."

Your mother nods. "Thank you, Monica," she sniffles, "thank you for taking care of my daughter."

You get up rather suddenly, and walk out of the restaurant. You can't hold it in anymore. The elevator finds you and takes you to the fourth floor. You're not quite aware of where you are until you are in the recording room. So you do as he said.

You scream your lungs out.

It makes you cry by the end. But it's okay. It's okay.