16

I'M STILL ANNOYED that they let me sleep all day, but I feel so much better, especially after a shower. I wash my entire body, my hair and shave. I feel like a new woman once i'm moisturised and finished. I slip into a cute little black skirt, and a brown sweater vest with a black fitted crop beneath it. I wear my black nike socks because I find a strange sense of joy out of matching my socks to the rest of my outfit.

I part my damp hair in the middle and comb it back into a low bun, which actually looks a lot cuter than I thought. I brush my brows up with brow gel, put on a bit of mascara and vaseline before looking at myself in the mirror. There, a little less homeless.

Once I'm back downstairs, I notice some people in the kitchen, one wearing a white chef hat and the other two wearing hairnets. They have caterers for family dinner night? Boujee.

I almost slip on the marble as I reach the living area, reaching out and grabbing on to the closest thing near me. That thing happens to be an arm, held out for me by James.

"Hi." I smile, my cheeks heating up with embarrassment.

"Hi." he says, studying my face. "Elena you look..." he fumbles a little and I smile at him as he tries to find the words. "...clean."

I raise my eyebrows. "I would hope so."

"You look hot Elena." Neki says, and I turn to look at him. He's leaning against the back of his couch, his chin resting on his arms.

"Thank you Neki." I laugh.

He looks over at James with a smug expression , smiling and turning back to Jack, who is sat beside him on his Nintendo Switch.

I frown.

"Where's Parker?" I turn to James.

"He came back while you were asleep, but went back out. He said he had to get something." James shrugs. "He should be back s-"

Before he gets to finish his sentence, the front door clicks open, in walking none other than Mr Ashford himself.

Parker looks over at us, a bag in his hand.

My heart picks up pace when I see him. I'm not sure why. He was gone before I woke up so it's my first time seeing him today, and I can't help but admire how good he looks in his kit.

"How long have I got?" he asks James.

"It's 5, so you're parents won't be home for another half an hour."

Parker nods before starting up the stairs.

Ouch. No snide or smug comment? He didn't even acknowledge me.

I shake it off, walking around the couch to sit beside Jackson and James follows, sitting on the one vertical to this one. I'm not sure how long it's been, but I hear the door unlock. I look over my shoulder to see Mrs Ashford walking in, shrugging off her long coat. Mr Ashford steps in afterwards, lowering a large black umbrella and clicking it shut.

Mrs Ashford looks up, a smile on her face when she sees us. Her husband slips by, nodding once in our direction before disappearing into the office behind the stairs.

"Hey kids!" she grins, making me smile. I turn around, resting on the back of the chair.

Jack and Neki mumble a hello, not even turning from the game. James smiles, giving a brief wave before looking back down at his phone.

"Hi Margot. How was work?" I ask and she smiles wider.

"It was good thank you dear." she hangs her coat, looking over into the kitchen. "That smells wonderful! Where's Parky?"