Chapter 30- Bittersweet Things.

(If you re-read the first few chapters, you'll know that Marv is their driver.)

---

"What's that?"

Silas looked down to where Zaiden's right pointer finger was poking into his chest, only to have Zaiden's hand fly up and hit him upside in the nose. Zaiden chuckled as Silas deadpanned his face at him.

Callan came down the stairs, fixing his cufflinks, "children, please."

"Ah, there he is. The birthday boy. How does it feel to be at fossil age?" Zach smirked. Callan scoffed, coming to the bottom of the stairs where they all stood, minus Zayne and Brynn. He brought his hands up to fix Zach's collar, only for Zach to take a step back.

"Be nice, Zach," Brayden chastised, "we don't know if his heart could take as much ridicule as it used to."

Callan hmphed, fixing his blazer, leaving the six of them in silence until they heard footsteps at the top of the staircases from Zayne and Brynn making their way down. They got to the bottom, Brynn waking a step away from Zayne and lightly dusting the bottom of the dress as a way of keeping herself occupied.

After a while though, she was still dusting because it was silent. Why weren't they conversing?

She looked up to be met with all seven of them staring at her with some blank and some dumbfounded faces. She felt hot, "what?"

They weren't saying anything. Brynn looked back down to see if there was anything on her dress, "what's wrong?" They were making her anxious. She'd go and put on something else if-

Zayne blinked and fixed the front of his suit which already looked fine, "well." The rest of them looked up at him a little out of it. "The limo's waiting out front."

That brought Brynn out of her thinking, there was a limo? Cool.

Brayden cleared his throat, "uh yeah." Bringing his left hand to Brynn's middle back, he pushed gently, "come on, you." Brynn went along with him, doing her best to ignore the rest of her brothers' watching her as they walked to the front door.

She hadn't actually went through the front door for a while now. Usually, she only left the house when she was being driven somewhere by her brothers which meant she went through the garage, so this was something exciting for her already. And the dinner hadn't even properly started yet.

Brayden opened the front door, revealing a black, outstretched limo at the bottom of the porch steps. Brynn's mouth gaped a little as she and Brayden made their way down the concrete steps. The man leaned down to her right. "I love your dress, sweetheart. You look beautiful."

Brynn blushed no she didn't. The embarrassed girl turned to his smiling face and looked him up and down. "Thank you. You do too."

Brayden grinned, "I look beautiful?"

"The beautifulest," Brynn responded, using the back of her cool left hand to subtly check if she felt as hot as she probably looked.

He chuckled, giving a soft kiss to her forehead and standing up. Now right at the back of the limo, he opened the slick, black door, gesturing for Brynn to get in. "Madame." Brynn chuckled, "thank you."

She got in, admiring the spacious lavish inside before having to make a split second decision of where she should sit. She didn't want to get it wrong. 

If she sat close to the door, she might get in the way of people coming in and all her brothers were coming in. The very end seemed to be the best place.