☀️ Chapter 9 ☀️

Your mother passed you her phone, her eyes still locked on the road in front of her. You took it and began scrolling through her apps. Where's messages again? Ah here! You tap on the app and see a few contacts. You go in the alphabetical order setting and scroll until you find "O". Scroll.. scroll.. aha! Olive! You tap on her name and begin to type.
"Hey I'm going to the Pizzaplex today!" You type.
She instantly reads your message, causing you to smile.

"Cool! Man I'm jealous.." She replied. You chuckled, your mother didn't react. "Text you when I'm home!" You message, waiting for a reply. "Alright bye!"
You smile and turn her phone off, placing it in your pocket. I'll have to remember to give it back to her.
After a few moments you pull up in a parking area just outside of the Pizzaplex. You both climb out of the car and enter the mall-like Pizzeria.

"Let's sign us in shall we?" Your mother says sweetly. You nod. She collects a complimentary Party Pass then goes down to the ticket machine to upgrade it to a Superstar Daycare Pass. "All done, let's head up to the Daycare." Your mother takes your hand and wanders around until you finally reach the Superstar Daycare. "Here we are." She says walking you to the lobby of the Daycare.

"You know what to do sweetie, I'll be up here watching you play." She says with a sweet smile. You smile back. You turn to the slide and think for a moment. Will Sun remember me? I know it hasn't been that long.. but is he programmed to remember the kids who visit? Probably not. Slightly disappointed, you approach the slide. "I'm going down now mama." You say, turning around.

Your mother is sitting down at one of the lobby tables, alongside other parents. She nods and smiles at you. You turn back to the slide then put your legs in the entrance like a sitting position.
You take a deep breath then throw yourself into the slide. "WEEEEEEEEEE!!" You cheer, with your arms in the air. Suddenly you fall into the ball-pit.
You look around and to no surprise you see him.

Sun was dancing and prancing alongside other children, his long robotic arms in the air. Suddenly he turns his face towards you and gasps. "Oh my gosh!" You hear him yell from the distance. He sprints towards you then dives into the ball-pit. You frantically look around you, trying to find any sign of him. Where is he? Suddenly he grabs you from underneath and lifts you high in the air. "There you are!" He yells before pulling you into a tight embrace. "I've missed you my hero!" He said with a twirl, spinning you in the air.

He lowers his arms and gently places you on the padded floor just outside of the ball pit. "You.. remember me?" You mumble mostly to yourself. "You silly! Of course I do!" Sun says dancing around. You smile, slightly flattered. Thats not what I thought would happen.. but it's definitely what I wanted! He looks at the other children then back at you. "I got to handle these kids alright?" He says enthusiastically. You nod. He skips off towards the children, ducking under the bridge on his way out.

You grin and look up to your mother, her expression was strange. She was smiling but.. her eyes were full of.. dread. A cold sweat ran down your spine. Your smile slowly faded. Suddenly your mother noticed you staring, she grinned widely and waved in your direction. Is she okay? I'm worried.. You look up at sun, he skips around the children with his head down watching the children draw and play.

"Hello." You hear a voice bellow from behind you. A group of mostly blonde children approach you, about three of them look related. There are six in total. A girl with blonde hair in a tight ponytail stands behind you proudly. "What are you wearing?" The girl says, mocking you. What? "That skirt is an eyesore." The girl says with a laugh. What's the point of that? What is she gaining? "Leave me alone." You say sternly. What happened last time when you were here must have toughened you up, maybe just a little.

"Oh yeah? Or what?" One of the boys said, rocking his head slightly. I'll tase you. Is what you wanted to say, instead you said, "I'll tell Sun." You knew he'd have your back. "Haha! What kind of threat is that?" The girl laughed, her blonde hair swinging in the air.
"It's not a threat, it's a warning." You said coldly.

The group looked annoyed and or offended. The girl grabbed your hand and pulled your arm upwards, causing you to trip over your skirt and stumble over. Not this again! She took a pair of scissors that she had found in the arts-and-crafts station and began to slash your skirt. Oh no! "S—" Before you could call out to him one of the boys hand covered your mouth.