CHAPTER 1: A Friendship

The first rays of the morning hit the walls of Mors Hill's psychiatric hospital, everything was calm. The security guards were doing their routines, just like the doctors. In the distance, a stuggle was heard. Three teenagers were running in the hospital's hallways. One of them, the youngest, Randy Anderson, had a bloody knife on his hand. Troy Becker, the oldest, and strongest, was taking care of the security guards, while Keith Adams, the skinnier, was looking for a way out. He quickly realized that the back door was guarded by only one security guard. Randy, fast as a lightning, ran towards the guard before he could get his taser out, and stabbed him five times in the throat. The three boys escaped to the forest behind the hospital while the guard bleed out on the floor.

That same morning, Jeffrey Blake, a young student, was woken up like every other day, hearing the voice of his mother from the kitchen.

"Jeff, honey, wake up! You'll be late for school!" Said Jessica, his mother. A well respected police officer. The boy stood up from bed quickly, with no time to waste, and ran downstairs.

"Good morning, mom, you slept well?" Jeff said as he prepared a coffee quickly, adding more sugar than necessary as always to wake up faster.

"There was a breakout on the psichiatric hospital, I'll leave you to take care of Liu for a while, okay?"

"Yeah, no problem. Speaking of which, where's Liu?"

Punches were heard upstairs, Jessica frowned, looking up.

"Liu, don't hit the walls, please!" Said Jessica.

Liu walked downstairs with heavy footsteps, revealing a face full of scars, wounds from the past, some of them were hidden behind a black and white scarf, while he looked at his damaged fists. Jessica sighed as she walked towards his adopted son.

"Liu, you have to work on your anger issues. You can't keep hurting yourself like this, okay?"

"Sorry, miss Blake..." Said Liu as he searched for ice for his hands.

"Your brother'll take care of you for today, I'll be busy at work. Okay, honey?"

Liu frowned, as he put ice on his knuckles, before sighing.

"Okay..."

Jessica got out of the house with her police uniform, while Jeff started preparing tea for his brother.

"I can make my own breakfast." Said Liu without looking at Jeff.

"I know, but, it's not a bad thing to do stuff for others sometimes, y'know, little man?"

"Just because yer 18 and I'm 15 doesn't give ya the right to call me whatever ya want."

"Hey, chill. I just wanna be friendly, you could learn how to be less deffensive." Jeff said while he handled a cup of sweetened tea to his brother.

"Whatever..." Liu grabbed the cup without making visual contact with his brother.

Liu came to the Blake family not too long ago, after Jessica saved him from traffickers who wanted to sell him to the foreign, he was dirty, malnourished, with various open would all over his face. That day, Jessica decided to be the kid's protector, and never leaving him alone. It wasn't easy for Jessica to take care of Liu, the boy was very closed and distrustful. He was damaged. Little by little, Jessica gained a place on Liu's heart, who started being more attached to her, which did not happen with his step-brother, Jeffrey, who Liu never trusted, and on the inside he knew he was a little bit jealous, jealous for not having a childhood as nice as him, for not having a family that loved him, Liu knew that hating his brother for something he wasn't to blame was wrond, but he simply couldn't help it. Still, Jeff always tried to be a good brother for Liu.