20

The passing

The Lars gave me a room to sleep but I couldn't all I could feel was anger and pain, suffering and death but it wasn't my feelings. "Anakin, No." I heard my fathers voice yell. "Father, I hear you what's happened." I called out to him. "Something horrible, my daughter." my father responded and I got up. "Is Anakin--" I began but my father shook his head. "I feel his pain, his anger. But also I feel death and suffering too." I explained and he looked down, "something terrible has happened." He returned and I looked at him. "What was it father?" I asked and he looked back at me. "A bloodbath." He answered and I looked at him with pure shock, he disappeared as padme came in. "Y/n, I heard you talking, are you okay?" She questioned and I nodded. "I was just talking to myself." I lied and she looked at me strangely and left.

I fell asleep and awoke the next morning to a growling engine. I got up and ran outside. To find Anakin carrying a body. He wouldn't let anyone take her. He set her down and began digging a hole but somehow I stopped him. "Anakin, you need to rest." I stated looking at his swollen red eyes. "I'll dig the hole." Owen offered and Anakin reluctantly gave him the shovel. Anakin rushed off somewhere and I made him a meal.

After trying to find him I finally did. "I brought you something. Are you hungry?" I asked and he didn't even look at me. "The shifter broke. Life seems so simpler when you're fixing things. I'm good at fixing things. Always was. But I couldn't--- why'd she have to die? Why couldn't I save her? I know I could have!" He raised his voice and turned to walk, I put the tray down and followed him. "Sometimes there are things no one can fix. You're not all powerful Ani." I explained and I felt his anger. "Well I should be! Someday I will be. I will be the most powerful jedi ever! I promise you. I will even learn to stop people from dying." He shouted and I became shocked, I couldn't believe what he was saying. "Anakin." I spoke softly trying to calm him down. "It's all Obi-wans fault! He's jealous! He's holding me back!" He shouted throwing a screwdriver across the room. "What's wrong, Ani?" I asked softly, trying harder to calm him down.

He looked down. "I--- I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead. Every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women... and the children too. They're like animals and I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them." He shouted and then he sat down crying, I crouched down beside him. "To be angry is to be human." I spoke and he looked at me. "I'm a Jedi. I know I'm better than this." He stated and I sighed, "Jedi's get angry too, Anakin, we're human." I explained wiping away his tears and getting up. "Stay?" He asked and I nodded, sitting beside me, his head leaning on my shoulder, he fell asleep.

C3PO came in to alert us that the burial was complete and there was a service being held. "Anakin." I said softly waking him up he got up, pulling me up with him and we walked outside. I didn't hear any of the words they were saying because I was worried about Anakin.

R2 rolled over as Anakin was saying his words. "R2? What are you doing here?" Padme asked and R2 beeped. "It seems he is carrying a message from an Obi-wan Kenobi. Hmm. Master Ani, does that name mean anything to you?" C3PO asked and we immediately rushed to the ship and played the message.

"Anakin, my long-range transmitter has been knocked out. Retransmit this message to coruscant." Obi spoke anakin looked at padme who was sitting by the transmit device and Padme pressed it. "I have tracked to bounty hunter, Jango Fett, to the droid foundries of Geonosis. The trade federation is to take delivery of a droid army here, and it is clear that Viceroy Gunray... is behind the assassination attempts on Senator Amidala. The conference Guilds and Corporate alliance... have both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming a--- wait, wait." Obi explained until some fireing interrupted him. A destroyer walked into view, I looked down worried and the tape stopped.

"Anakin, we will deal with count Dooku. The most important thing for you is to stay where you are. Protect the senator at all costs. That is your first priority. As for you, y/n I want you to fly out there immediately," Master windu stated and I nodded. "Yes Master." Master windu then disappeared from the screen. "I guess I have to find myself a ship." I spoke and padme looked at Anakin. "She'll never find one on time and they'll never get there on time to save him. They have to come halfway across the galaxy. Look. Geonosis is less then a par sec away." Padme explained showing him the planet and Anakin looked at her. "If he's still alive." Anakin stated sitting down. "Ani, are you just gonna sit here and let him die? He's your friend, he's your mentor. He's---" padme began pushing at him. "He's like my father! But you heard Master Windu. He gave me strict orders to stay here! Let's just give Y/n the ship." Anakin interrupting her and I looked at her. "He gave you strict orders to protect me, and I'm going to help Obi-wan. If you plan to protect me, you'll just have to come along." She stated and I smiled at her. "That's the Padme I know." I commented, sitting in the pilot chair as Padme started up the engine. Anakin smiled at us and sat in the back with C3PO.

I flew out of the atmosphere and set out for Geonosis. "See those columns of steam up ahead. They're exhaust vents of some type." Padme stated and I looked at her. "Good enough." I commented landing the ship inside.

We all got up. "Look, whatever happens out there, follow my lead. I'm not interested in getting into a war here. As a member of the Senate, maybe I can find a diplomatic solution to this mess." Padme stated putting her jacket on and walking out. Anakin nudged me to tell me to tell her no but I shook my head, I don't want to argue. I picked up my saber and followed padme and Anakin did the same.

We opened a door and went through. I stopped sensing that something else was with us I powered up my lightsaber as winged creatures began to attack. "Nice colour, it suits you." Anakin stated powering his "thank you."

Padme ran towars a door to her away from the creatures and opened it. We followed her and the door shut behind us. The platform became smaller causing both me and padme to fall on a moving platform below which was making some droids and weapons for a battle. "Y/n." Anakin called as he dropped down. I rushed towards Padme and defended her from the winged creatures, avoiding the machinery that were squashing hot iron.

It was dangerous, I just had to make sure padme was okay. There were fire and hot steam. We got passed it until we got pushed into molten lava empty dish by one of the creatures. "Y/n, I'm sorry that I have been mean to you over the past couple of weeks I was just jealous of you." I heard padme speak and I looked at her. "You're jealous of me?" I asked confused. "Yes, you're really pretty and you're energetic, you get into trouble and then get yourself out of it for fun and Anakin loves you." She explained and I looked at her.  "I've been jealous of you too padme." I admitted and she looked at me. "Really?" She asked and I nodded. "Now I need to get out of here so I can help you." I stated jumping out onto the platform beside the huge containers. I saw that I couldn't stop it without a droid, but then I spotted R2 and Called him towards me. He immediately flew down and hacked into the device stopping liquid lava from falling on her and dropped her down to the next level.

"Don't move jedi." I heard someone say to Anakin he surrendered and padme surrender to them too. I hid away so I could make up a plan to save them.