74

Lillian's POV

"Where were you last night?" Kent was pacing around the living room frantically.

"I could ask you the same thing," i causally placed my belongings down on the couch.

The pent house feels different after spending the night at Stefani's...

"I've texted you, called you!" Kent genuinely looked worried but he cut himself short as the door unlocks and-

"Found the housewife. She crashed at mines. You owe her an apology dick head- and you should pay me to be the housewife sitter. Seriously? I have to help you keep track of-

"What did you call me?" Kent calmly asked and I could feel the tension build with just Stefani's presence. It's like trying to mix water and oil with these two and with Stefani having the upper hand from time and time again, you might as well try to blend it dish soap.

"I said you're a dickhead for dancing with your assistant as the woman of the hour instead of your fiancé you idiot, do you know how much of a field day PR is having this morning with you so called last minute decision? Not to mention the fucking champagne as the cherry on top!" Stefani's eyes glared.

Kent wasn't sure if yelling back would do anything, I can just look at him and he's lost a battle he couldn't even take a shot in.

"I'm sorry..." he admitted and Stefani crossed her arms in satisfaction checking her nails.

"Stef, he's talking to you..." I quietly spoke up and her eyes lit up in my direction in a way that made me feel uneasy.

"I wish heaven on earth he would even dare apologize to me right now. I heard your voice down the hallway, I move out and it's a mad house in here?" She sassed Kent and he horribly fumbled with his words.

"N-no I would never harm Lillian in any way- she knows that! Right?" He looked terrified with Stefani's confrontation and I'm still in shock at how she managed a 180 from this morning.

We were literally laughing, smiling and well- nothing like this.

"Says the man that chose his assistant over his fiancé," she spat and her words triggered Kent.

"Stefani, watch it," he warned.

"Oh don't make me guffaw, I haven't laughed that hard since the third fiancé when she-

"One more time!" He yelled.

The pent house was silent for a brief moment and Stefani's sigh broke the short peace, "the same goes for you," she shrugged as she blinks continuously at the ceiling and lowers her head to look at Kent with a changed sense of morality.

"Huh? Stefani, I don't have time for your empty threats," He was confused and still pretty pissed.

If only I can read what goes on in that head of hers.. her mind is always running- plotting the next move to the next. It's an endless game of chess just trying to figure out one move and it splits into multiple outcomes of potentially executed ones. I get dizzy just trying to comprehend it.

"Empty? Moi??? I don't give out empty handed words like I'm the pastor reciting Bible scriptures," Stefani over exaggerated her stance with sarcasm, but the what she said was concrete- now I'm scared.

"Stef-

"No. No, no, no, no. Don't Stef me oh good sir that's such a man of his word. What of your vows? Mean to tell me they're not copied and pasted like you did with the third fiancé? Oh please, hand me a bottle and tell the police I bought it," she was laughing hysterically.