𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"I knew something was happening between you and my brother," Aiden put a forkful of Greek salad into his mouth.

"Hmm?" I hummed lazily while adjusting my head on the large fluffy pillow on my bed. Aiden was watching movies with me in my room at three am this time, sleeping on his side of my bed.

"I'm talking about you and Yves. He has been unreachable for the entire week now and you've barely smiled today," he sipped on his water.

"Nothing happened." I shrugged as I watched the guy in the TV strip the girl's clothes and toss her across the bed. "For fuck's sake Aiden, we're watching a filthy movie again?" He laughed hysterically and I lightly hit the back of his head.

"Well, what can I say? Wanna experiment?" I gasped at his statement and tried to hit him again but he caught my hand on time.

"I'm joking, sheesh Island. What crawled up your fine derriere and died this early morning?" Aiden ate another mouthful of his greens.

"Whose cow did you exchange roles with this early morning?" I smirked and he immediately scowled.

"It's a sign that I'm healthy Island. I barely see you eat greens. They make you feel good and they make you taste good. Down there," he whispered the last part as I exhaled slowly, resisting the urge to whack him again. He laughed out loud before putting his bowl away.

"I'd give you a concussion but I fear for that last and final brain cell in your head,"

"Better to have one functioning one than many useless ones," he smirked widely.

"I have the urge to smack you but that would be animal abuse," I smirked even wider as his jaw dropped.

"Looks like you did your Biology. Great work Island, now make sure to eat your greens so that a certain someone will enjoy eating you out." Aiden slipped off the bed swiftly before I could attack him and basically ran out of the room.

I exhaled, feeling the energy drain from my body. I was exhausted in all possible ways, physically, mentally and emotionally. I couldn't stop thinking about how I made a fool out of myself. How I became so vulnerable and gullible.

Why couldn't I love myself like a normal person and appreciate what God gave me? He was right, it was becoming pathetic to crave a constant reminder that I was perfect as I was.

I shifted angrily when I inhaled and smelt the faint but present notes of his citrusy aqua musk. The atmosphere tensed in less than a millisecond, my body temperature increasing by a fraction of a degree but that was enough to have me tugging the collar of my t-shirt.

I felt a certain way, an absurd way I had never felt. The memories came rushing into my head and before I could think, slipped out of bed and headed to the shower.