𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Yves had his arm around Sienna's waist, whispering something into her ear, which I assumed was funny with the way her small body shook with a giggle.

She looked up at him, her green eyes glimmering beautifully in the dim lighting of the room.

Her blonde hair was braided into a neat French Braid and decorated with some diamond hairpins. She was wearing a tiny sleeveless black dress that barely went past her knees, matching Yves' dark designer suit. His hair fell across his handsome face as he spoke to Sienna, all his attention centered on her.

It was all hard for me to understand. Had I done or said something he didn't like? Did he not want me anymore? Was that how they usually were even before I came along? Or did he find her more entertaining than I? My brain went into overdrive as I relentlessly thought about it.

"Here you go," I was snapped out of my thoughts by the waiter passing me my drink. I took a small sip, the sharp tanginess stinging my throat almost as immediately as I swallowed it.

My eyes wandered back to them. Sienna's hand was now on his arm as she laughed at something he said, their bodies only inches away.

It was hard not to notice them, he was extremely tall, she was extremely beautiful, they looked like an A-List couple, I thought as I felt a small tear roll down my cheek.

"What is a beautiful lady like you doing all alone?" A deep, husky voice said from behind him as I quickly wiped the tear away.

"Why do you look so upset?" His voice became gentle as I stared into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Nothing, Mr. Daniels. How is the party?" I tried to change the topic but he had a calculative expression plastered over his features as he switched his gaze between me and the couple.

"It's him isn't it? Yves Nicholson, do you like him?" He had a thick British accent as he spoke.

"Not exactly. I don't really want to talk about it," I smiled politely and much to my liking, he nodded and teared his gaze from them.

"You look gorgeous tonight, Isla." He commented, his eyes sweeping over my face and body, lingering a little longer on my exposed thigh.

"Thank you." I blushed lightly. "It's the second time you're complimenting me,"

"How could I not? I could do it more often if you'd let me," he gave me a playful smirk, "why don't I buy you another drink? You don't seem to be enjoying the one you have." His voice was smooth and suggestive, laced with a hint of manipulation and seduction.

"I've never— its my first time having a Martini. I didn't know it was this... bitter, I wanted the aesthetic I guess." He laughed at my statement before bringing his eyes back to me. He smelt so good, like a mixture of expensive cologne and chocolate.