𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Chapter 18

Chapter 18

We spent another three days in Italy before leaving for home, none of us bothering to talk to another. He had attempted multiple times to but I kept shutting him out.

The moment we got to the house, Aiden asked us if anything was wrong and to both our surprise, we both said no at the same time but he knew. He knew that we were lying but he let us off.

A month flew past of Yves and I keeping it strictly professional, well mostly me no matter how many times he attempted to soften me. I was still very bitter and I knew very well that if I ever saw Sienna anywhere, I would murder her.

One would say that I was being difficult or petty but the amount of resentment I had for both Yves and Sienna was unbearable.

I walked over to the table where breakfast had been prepared, Yves and Aiden already present and deep in their own private discussion. I sat on my usual place quietly before pouring some cereal for myself.

"Good morning to you too, Island." Aiden's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Morning." I simply replied, avoiding a certain pair of eyes I knew were fixated on me.

"You went to bed quite early last night, is everything okay?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah." My answer was short and precise, signaling him that I wasn't really in the mood for chatting.

"Could you please pass me the sugar, Aiden?" I requested in a small tone.

Unfortunately, before he could take the jar, Yves' hand had already swooped it and placed it in front of me. I inhaled deeply before muttering a small 'thank you' and proceeding with my breakfast.

"Damn! What's the issue with you two? I literally can't sit at this table with the both of you around anymore, the tension is suffocating and you are both avoiding your problem." Aiden dropped his cutlery noisily, his eyes furiously switching between Yves and I.

"What do you mea—"

"Oh please Isla, you know what this is. An entire month and you two are still orbiting around your problem, which I think is very immature of you. I refuse to surround myself with this toxic energy, you two have to resolve whatever this matter is. Today." His tone was firm and serious, it made me shiver a little. I had never heard him this upset.

"In fact, I'm sick and tired of trying to ease the atmosphere all the time. You two will go away for a week together, I will make sure of that. When you come back, you better be back to normal or else," he scraped his chair back aggressively before pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"Hello, yeah… organise one for two… today, its urgent… thanks, I'll call you again later." He cut the call before narrowing his eyes at the both of us.